Know anything about Wellston, Ohio?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxane Martin

Reaction score
Hey all--

Figured the best people to know about an area, especially in relation to animals, are those on the Forum!

I'm going to look at some houses/property with my step-daughter this weekend around Wellston, Ohio (also Jackson, Ohio). She and her husband would be looking for work also; I may eventually move to retire there.

I found some city websites and have looked at those. For those who know the area, what can you tell me about good and bad of the area? What's the weather like? What suggestions would you make for someone coming there, especially with a couple of minis? Any "mini" people nearby?

We'd be coming from NE PA, where the population density is growing and the taxes are rising.

Thanks a lot!!!

Roxane

well i looked and its only 64 miles from thornville where fran and i live
default_smile.png
come to thornville!

Hey. where in NE PA? I grew up there, in the Poconos, and wont ever be going back to live, because of the influx of NJ and NYC people. It no longer country.

And oddly enough, we live about and hour from JAckson, if it is the same Jackson in southern Ohio. We live off of 32.

But, I cant tell you much about Jackson, I do know , this whole area is farmland and acreage can be had for decent prices. Not sure of the workforce out there though..

Good luck...

Hey all--

Figured the best people to know about an area, especially in relation to animals, are those on the Forum!

I'm going to look at some houses/property with my step-daughter this weekend around Wellston, Ohio (also Jackson, Ohio). She and her husband would be looking for work also; I may eventually move to retire there.

I found some city websites and have looked at those. For those who know the area, what can you tell me about good and bad of the area? What's the weather like? What suggestions would you make for someone coming there, especially with a couple of minis? Any "mini" people nearby?

We'd be coming from NE PA, where the population density is growing and the taxes are rising.

Thanks a lot!!!

Roxane

Wellston is not too far from me either I am just south of Kay and Fran in Pleasantville. There are quite of few mini farms in Central Ohio so you would have lots of company. Lots of shows in the area also. Good luck in your search.

Arlene

Latest posts

Back