I was bad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
Well it's not really a marestare thread but I thought I would post here. I was really down after Cheerio lost her filly so my husband took me to an auction today. We came home with a couple new additions. I believe the person I bought from is also a member on this forum. I bought 2 mares with foals on their side and one yearling colt that is the spitting image of my favorite driving horses Sugar! If you want I can post pictures. They aren't very good but I just got home and put everyone is a stall for the night to rest. It was a long weekend for them. They started with a 10 hours drive yesterday to the auction house and then the crowds all day.

Yes, of course, we want to see pics, even if they aren't the best. We love pics, especially ones of new horses. I like your math... You say a couple new additions, and if I can add, it sounds like you brought home 5: two mares, their two colts plus a yearling. Is that right, 5 new horses? Congrats, can't wait to see them, plus hear all the details.

Congratulations Tina!!! And I'm so very glad you felt you could post on here
default_smile.png
you are part of the family! And you know us... ? Pics are a must!! ? How exciting for you! So very very happy lol

Here is AJ Murray's The Brat Entertains, colt, yearling.

On the left are AJ Murray's Simply Elegant mare and her colt AJ Murray's Georges Rhinestone.

On the right is AJ Murray's Blue Diamond Buckeroo and her filly AJ Murray's Georges Ice Queen.

I didn't know at the time but they were bred back to Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer for next. I wouldn't be upset if they weren't in foal. But by next year I might be happy about foaling again. You never know.

WOW!! FIVE new horses, plus possibly two more for next year! Awesome!! And they are all just beautiful!! All of them are so well groomed too! CONGRATS!!

Wow! They are lovely very exciting! And I can understand your reservations and excitement about the maybe foals for next year.

Gorgeous new babies. Congrats again
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hubby talked me into getting the 2 mares because they are a driving team. I will probably find good homes for their foals though but it wont stop me from playing with them for the next year or so!

Really I only bought one! Hubby bought the others. lol The foals are very small and petite. Moms are only 31 inches. Zeus is much larger than the new foals and they are 38 (right foal) and 32 (left foal) days old and Zeus is only 18 days old.

Hubby talked me into getting the 2 mares because they are a driving team. I will probably find good homes for their foals though but it wont stop me from playing with them for the next year or so!
That is so awesome about getting a driving team. When you gonna start driving them?

That is so awesome about getting a driving team. When you gonna start driving them?

Once the foals get older I will put the mares to a vehicle but for now I might start ground driving them with the foals on their sides. Individually at first of course. They haven't been driven in a couple of years since the owners husband had a stroke.

default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Once the foals get older I will put the mares to a vehicle but for now I might start ground driving them with the foals on their sides. Individually at first of course. They haven't been driven in a couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Tina that is WONDERFUL!! It is so cool that you have a driving team!!
default_yes.gif
Their foals are really pretty, they look to be silver, grey/black?? What fun you will have this summer with Zeus and the 2 new babies!! You have a very kind and thoughtful hubby he knew just what you needed after what you went through!!!!! Enjoy all your new babies and I really don't think you needed to ask if we all wanted to see........OF COURSE WE WANT PICTURES!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Please post some more, maybe out in the sunshine!!

Congratulations Tina, I think being bad must be really good fun
default_smile.png
They all look just lovely and I am looking forward to some outside pics
default_yes.gif
I too love your maths, you bought a couple of horses
default_new_rofl.gif

WOW!! Tina - they are all gorgeous!! Two very beautiful mares and I love the colour of the yearling colt. Those two girls are going to look fabulous in harness later on. How exciting!! I am so pleased for you - well done hubby!
default_thumbup.gif

Yes more pics needed soon please.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new "babies" !!!! YES, this is the place to share your new "couple of horses" -- and I, too, like your math skills!!!!

Can't wait for more pictures -- and how nice that Zeus is going to have 2 buddies to play with !!

Ok I took day time photos while they were on the pasture this morning. I do have halters and catch ropes on the mares only because they don't know me and I wanted to make sure I could get them back in without and fuss. I don't turnout with halters normally. In all my excitement yesterday I forgot to get their barn names! I have sent an email through to the Murray's to find out but they wont be home until late today after their drive. They told me it was 10 hours for them.

Latest posts

Back