Has anyone used these traces or company?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izmepeggy

Reaction score
I bought a harness a while back , but they didn't have the breast strap or traces.It was fine for training, but now I'm ready to start dragging a tire and need a breast strap and traces..Also, do you think these traces would work with a Comfy Fit Breast collar? Thank you for any input. http://www.ronshorseharness.com/products/Traces.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just buy the traces and ComfyFit breast collar from the Chimicum tack site?

just a suggestion... all parts are shown on their page.

http://www.comfyfith....com/index.html

My strategy now that I've bought Lacey this whole harness is just buy extra parts if or as I need them (different horse, change in weight, change in cart, etc.)

A great "system" with lots of options as needed. Nice quality build.

We have a harness from Ron's, and it is a good quality harness, with a good price. Butttt there is a problem and I would advise against doing what you propose to do.

We found that the bridle we got with the harness wasn't quite right for our horse, so we thought we'd return it. We found that returning it to Canada would cost us more than keeping it and simply buying another bridle, because UPS wouldn't ship to Canada, and to sent it USPS you had to declare a value and pay duty charges on it. With something like traces, you could end up the same way and then be stuck with something you can't use and can't return. You're better off to get the Comfy-fit traces right off the bat and know they'll fit, or do what I did, take the breast collar to a harness maker and have a set custom made. Good Luck!

Both are great suggestions..But,I went to the Chimicum website first and didn't see a listing for traces..Maybe I just need to call them..I have heard nothing but good about them..Thank you

traces are further down the page, way down on the left.

traces are further down the page, way down on the left.
default_doh.gif
How could I have missed this !!!!!! Thank you.

Peggy, Janie from Chimacum is an absolute delight to deal with, I can't recommend her highly enough. I had received traces from another company that were not the length I ordered and were too short, even though I hadn't bought from Janie originally she was so kind and felt badly for me and had the right traces in the mail (internationally!) in a jiffy. I just bought the most gorgeous bridle from her too that fits my pony like a glove as well as hoof boots from her etc etc....Chimacum gear is quality and Janie's service can't be beat. I am sure you and your sweet boy will be so pleased with the traces.

Hows it all going by the way? Did you get some wheels for your cart?

Peggy, Janie from Chimacum is an absolute delight to deal with, I can't recommend her highly enough. I had received traces from another company that were not the length I ordered and were too short, even though I hadn't bought from Janie originally she was so kind and felt badly for me and had the right traces in the mail (internationally!) in a jiffy. I just bought the most gorgeous bridle from her too that fits my pony like a glove as well as hoof boots from her etc etc....Chimacum gear is quality and Janie's service can't be beat. I am sure you and your sweet boy will be so pleased with the traces.

Hows it all going by the way? Did you get some wheels for your cart?
Hey Jules!!!!!! How have you been..Haven't got the wheels yet...Had to lay off the training for a while..Now I'm going to wear his little butt out...lol..I've seen you"ve been having lots of fun with your guys..I am ssssooo evvious...lol..And I LOVE your cart..You ROCK...lol

Woohoo, how wonderful that you are about to work his butt off, I am sure he will think it is a hoot too! I hope the weather is good to you as I was reading a thread where people were saying the weather was a bit too cold/snowy for driving.

I am loving my cart too, it is just a bit too pretty for general driving though - ooops. I had envisaged just having it as the only cart but I am afraid it remains loaded in the trailer in a padded and covered for the most part. lol

Cold? I work at night in the cold..lol..I just dress for it..Tuesday and Wednesday night it was in the 20s..Then again, it's going to be in the 60s today..I'm going to get him working in the cart if it kills us both...lol

Latest posts

Back