Day 318 for our pregnant Modern....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Intrepid's udder was filling this AM but I expected to come home at lunch and find it wrinkly in the back again - it goes down when she is moving around in the pen. It feels tighter and warmer today.

Well, today's lunch hour arrived late for me and her udder is bigger than what it was in the AM instead of smaller...I no longer have udder envy. It is not full but it is real progress.

She did not finish all of her breakfast before turnout and she is pooping a lot... but she is a pooper, for sure. :lol: She is clinging to Finisterre, too - and she has been Miss Independent until today.

Milk was only testing 1.5 squares last night so we will have to see if there is any progression this evening.

Could it be actual time for a real honest-to-goodness mare stare?

Ben has drama tonight so hubby and Andy will have to be checking her this evening - I hope to be in by 8:30.

My boss asked if she had the foal yet... I guess the bags are starting to show under my eyes.
default_wacko.png
:

Going out to take pictures now....

Denise

Silversong Farm

Too tired to sit through Ben's drama practice...another night of mare stare but still waiting to test the milk when I get home. Son Andy is watching now and said no activity other than 5 mares eating their hay in the pen.

Denise

Silversong Farm

If I remember right.... Intrepid is Georgetowns Last Chance? If so you might have a long time to wait ! The last one she had when I still owned her she dragged out until day 371. I was going nuts, had the vet out twice thinking something was wrong, etc. Im sure I drove half the forum nuts with my worrying as well
default_wink.png
: Turns out everything was fine, she was just taking her time.

If I remember right.... Intrepid is Georgetowns Last Chance? If so you might have a long time to wait ! The last one she had when I still owned her she dragged out until day 371. I was going nuts, had the vet out twice thinking something was wrong, etc. Im sure I drove half the forum nuts with my worrying as well
default_wink.png
: Turns out everything was fine, she was just taking her time.

Guess I am doomed for a long wait! :new_shocked: Hope everyone can bear with me!
default_wacko.png
:

Intrepid is "Chance" - she just took on a new call name here as my older son has a good friend named Chance who hated sharing his name with a GIRL!
default_sad.png

Also, I am working on a book on 12-meter yachts that have competed in the America's Cup and have been restored so she gets her call name from the 1967 and 1970s defender Intrepid, who got her name from an American warship (not the aircraft carrier gracing NYC's harbor). Most of my "girls" bear the names of 12-meter America's Cup yachts, with the exceptions of Mercy (my sons named her) and Finisterre (a very famous ocean racer). I have yet to sail on the namesake to our pony mare - we had hoped to do that last summer but got bumped to our other favorite 12 meter yacht, Freedom (the 1980 defender). My 2001 mini mare is Silversong Freedom Rings - aka Freedom - a dystocia filly with an elbow lock on the right side and a left leg back at the shoulder. I managed to deliver her alive and well... and thank my lucky stars she and her dam were OK!
default_yes.gif
: I delivered her and was grateful for an alive mare and foal on April 24, 2001.

Intrepid is testing 1.5 squares tonight... guess I am in it for the long haul!
default_yes.gif
: My son Ben, the future vet student says "No changes today - go get some rest!"

We do adore her...
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: she is a most sensible mare and also loves our PMU filly to the point of velcroing herself onto Finisterre....plus she loves "chinning" me...

Never thought I would love a pony as much as I love her... for a Modern, she is very sensible and sweet - I expected something as hot as the TBs I have saddle-broke prior to owning her and she is more sensible than some of my minis!
default_yes.gif
:

We are looking forward to the AMHR/ASPC Area One show in Horseheads this coming July... it will be our first foray into the pony ring but I feel we have some power at the end of the lead for Modern Pleasure!
default_yes.gif
:

Intrepid is adored here...I hope her foal arrives safely and I appreciate knowing some of her history! For you, Spazkat, was it a colt or filly? Do you know what he/she (that foal) is doing now? I love knowing about what my mares' produce is accomplishing!

Many thanks!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Im so glad she has such a wonderful home now ! Shes a complete love bunny with "her people".. always has been. When somethings scary expect her to head for your lap rather than down the block.

The one she went so long on was a colt. A girlfriend of mine still has him. She doesnt show him or anything.. he just hangs out though. Her first was a filly. She came almost exactly 2 weeks early.... and Chance was SNEAKY about it !! One morning I went out and fed breakfast - she was acting normally (ie no foal fussing, circling, laying down etc - just her usual head out the door, the whole "hey wheres my food, why arent you petting me yet" thing) Less than 2 hours later I came back to check and had a dry baby girl cruising around. She must have eaten her breakfast then just laid down and had it.

Im so glad she has such a wonderful home now ! Shes a complete love bunny with "her people".. always has been. When somethings scary expect her to head for your lap rather than down the block.

The one she went so long on was a colt. A girlfriend of mine still has him. She doesnt show him or anything.. he just hangs out though. Her first was a filly. She came almost exactly 2 weeks early.... and Chance was SNEAKY about it !! One morning I went out and fed breakfast - she was acting normally (ie no foal fussing, circling, laying down etc - just her usual head out the door, the whole "hey wheres my food, why arent you petting me yet" thing) Less than 2 hours later I came back to check and had a dry baby girl cruising around. She must have eaten her breakfast then just laid down and had it.
She is a love bunny... she loves when I scratch her and if I stop, she gently nudges me to remind me to keep going. She does not seem scared by our obstacles - while working the minis I give her a chance to try and she is very nonchalant about tackling them. I was expecting a firecracker of a pony but she is a doll! She nickers a lot, too.
default_wub.png
:

I have only seen her pace once or twice, swish her tail and she rolled this AM but she is not a girl that seems to fuss a lot. She is pretty calm about everything. She loves my PMU Finisterre - they always groom each other and are practically on top of each other when they are in the big pen together.

Dreamed last night she had a bright bay colt with 4 socks with ermine marks and a really big star and he was adorable.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: His name was Moe. :lol:

She is on the barn cam and is testing 1.75 squares... getting looser in the musculature in the back and is working on filling her udder but I still feel she has a ways to go.

Now, did you show her, Spazkat? I normally do not purchase "older" horses but am absolutely in love with this pony - fell in love with her the first time I saw her picture and I would love to know all about her. We think she is just perfect!
default_wub.png
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Now, did you show her, Spazkat? I normally do not purchase "older" horses but am absolutely in love with this pony - fell in love with her the first time I saw her picture and I would love to know all about her. We think she is just perfect!
default_wub.png
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

The pony she is now is so very different from when I first got her. I fell in love with her when I was up at George Lucas's dispersal sale- this gorgeous fine boned little yearling... who was just scared witless. Just run into the sale with a quickie head clip and foot trim (likely with a rompum cocktail beforehand I later discovered). She stayed with her halter on and lead attached the whole time at the sale, which I thought was odd- until I got her out to load for the ride home and realized if it came off Id never get it back on. She literally hadnt been handled at all, and had no clue at all poor thing. It took a few months of just spending lots and lots of time with her to get her where she is.

Both of the babies she had while I owned her turned out exactly like her tempermentally. The colt she went so long with is quite possibly the most laid back stud I have ever seen. She is a TERRIFIC mother... not only to her own but to everyone elses babies. It wasnt unusual to look and see her baby napping and 2 other borrowed babies nursing. A born babysitter.

She showed halter as a 2 year old, and I never really did much else with her. She was with Bill Eperthener being broke to drive when I hurt my hand so I never really got around to showing her in harness. She did well , but with all the goings on it was hard to get her to focus. She mostly wanted to be in my lap scoping everyone else out =P I think maybe I spoiled her a tad.

I do have to agree with the "perfect" thing. "The Princessa" is an amazing pony... I cant tell you how it warms my heart to know that theres someone like you there for her.

[both of the babies she had while I owned her turned out exactly like her tempermentally. The colt she I do have to agree with the "perfect" thing. "The Princessa" is an amazing pony... I cant tell you how it warms my heart to know that theres someone like you there for her.
default_wub.png
:

Thanks! I also know she loves her peppermints...if she hears a crinkle of a wrapper, those ears are forward and she is extending her neck to me! She would be a lap horse if she could fit.

Day 324 today... and still waiting.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks,

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back