300 days and counting down

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
My new barn cam is up - haven't figured out an economical way to post it to the web yet. Suggestions?
default_smile.png

Intrepid is getting bigger by the day - some ventral edema, just starting to soften up a bit, has a very small, lopsided bag (clear milk) and she is very crabby to the minis and clingy to her best buddy, my PMU filly Finisterre. She has also changed from being somewhat standoffish in the pasture to being more affectionate to me - I can easily catch her in the pasture without her scooting away. She is still very affectionate in her stall - she nickers a lot and likes being brushed and fussed over. She likes to put her head on my shoulder, too.
default_wub.png
:

Baby kicks so hard Intrepid loses her footing at times. Each day that passes now, I feel like I can see light at the end of the tunnel - after mini foal losses in 2003, dwarf foals in 2004 and more foal losses in 2005, I feel like we are going to make it to delivery day.

I am even starting to "see" foals - the ground feeder or piles of poop quickly turn into foals when I check the camera.

In the pasture, Indy was next to Intrepid but there was a small dark bay head inbetween the two one day when I came home for lunch (We had stellar weather all week here in upstate NY - we hit 80 yesterday!). I had to look three times before I realized it was Freedom getting herself in the mix. I think they were all laughing at me... "let's stand this way and see what our human does. We can do this and make her nuts!" :lol:

Veterinarian will be out this week for prefoaling check and vaccinations.

Hopefully everything will go well this time...I have the coffee ready.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Good Luck :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

default_pray.gif
: Thinking of You, wish only the best
default_pray.gif
:

Latest posts

Back