Crystals foal thread. [New pics 6/17]

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my mobile too and if you scroll to the bottom of this screen it should say full version, click on that and then it takes you to what u would see on your laptop u can upload pics from there
default_smile.png
this is the only way I can do it too.

Good luck
default_smile.png

These are from a week ago. Testing if this works. Will post updates tomorrow if it works.

IMG_20140406_174516.jpg

IMG_20140406_175501.jpg

IMG_20140406_174700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres new pics now that I got a camera. Taken today. Any opinions on how long she has? I really hate waiting Hehe.

crystal 3.JPG

crystal 1.JPG

crystal 4.JPG

Wow that is certainly one big baby poking out from the sides in your Pictures......

Ill wait for a few of the more experienced on here to comment, but I will say, Her udder has a little more development to undertake first. Her nipples will fill & start to point down. This may happen very quickly & she may not develop her bag until right before she foals.

I am very much looking forward to see what she has been hiding in there.

I don't think a mare would be completely satisfied during a pregnancy if she didn't insist on making her owners wait
default_frusty.gif

Good Luck
default_thumbup.gif

Her tummy is looking great, but she really needs to do quite a lot of shopping for her milk supplies! She does look as though she is carrying baby quite low so I would have expected to see more udder development by now, but as we all know, these girls have rarely read the rule book!!

Thats what I thought. She looks like shes getting closer in alot of other ways. Her female area is starting to "get longer" and she looks like shes getting closer but shes had a little tiny bit of udder growth like three weeks ago but doesn't get anymore udder. Im wondering if shes gonna be one of the mares that doesnt get an udder til right before.

She's lovely. Think you have more time to go. Needs to roll the baby into place a little more and bag will (hopefully) fill. I let the other Aunties give you their more experienced opinion.

Was really hoping shed foal before it got super hot here. Im in AZ were up to 97 already. When you say you think she has more time to go you mean months? weeks? Yeah im getting impatient. lol

Certainly not months! But if she's going to fill that udder a bit you may have a couple of weeks or so and even if she is one to foal 'without' a proper udder, I still think that she will fill it to a certain extent. But keep a good eye on it and on her and let us know how she progresses.
default_yes.gif

I'm with Anna. I'd say she needs to work on the udder to, and that could be a matter of weeks, but certainly NOT months! Make sure she has lots of room to roll that little one into position. She's doing great.

Slowly. LOL

Weve been a bit busy around here so luckily no foal yet. LOL.

She has a bit more of an udder, but really not much at all still.

But I have noticed that her belly has changed. Shes more sunkin with her back. And rather then being shaped like two basketballs one on each side she looks like theres a huge one down lower.one Shes also as every said been rolling alot. I will get some updated pics in the am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday Crystal was laying down alot, and today she seems very aggitated. Not a comfortable mare. Usually shes very active and wanting to run and play, not today. She also looks like shes dropped more when I see her.

New pics taken this morning. You guys see progress? I know the udder still needs to grow... what you think? Im getting really excited and impatient lol. Wish I at least had a due date lol

504 backend.JPG

504 personal.JPG

504 udder.JPG

Well, she is still lopsided, and low, but baby is still laying sideways. I think she's got some elongation to do, and that will hopefully go along with her udder progressing. Keep the pictures coming every few days so we can look for the changes.

Latest posts

Back