Crystals foal thread. [New pics 6/17]

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalsowner

Reaction score
Everyone told me to post here, so here goes. I have been following my mini mare Crystal in her possible pregnancy since I took her in a trade June 29th 2013. She was said to be exposed to a paint stud since March 29th 2013. I have thought her to be pregnant for sure the last couple months but been unable to confirm. About a week ago the vet told me to do a test on her, the blood test was about $300 cause we are rural. Anyways, to gentle push my fist into the later part of her belly and see if I felt the foal, not only did i feel foal, but a very heavy kick or nudge.

These pics are from Feb 25th. Got a new camera about time for new ones. Hehe.

1192fs6.jpg

2ajcs8z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the foaling forum with some of the best and helpful aunties you'll ever be thankful for

with years of foaling experience. who will help you thru until baby comes and after

My opinion would be yes she is definitely in foal ...telling by her lopsided belly from the back

but i'll let the others ask all the important questions

Welcome to the Nutty Nursery!!! We love seeing pregnant mares and the advice on this board is the best!!! I know the other aunties are going to tell you we need photos of her hoo haw etc but I'll let them explain.

She looks pregnant to me too with her lopsided belly as Lori said.

Is this her first foal?

So glad to have you here!!! And Crystal is a pretty mare.

Thank you both.

Crystal is 19 yrs old and has had 6, maybe 7 foals that know of. One is unregistered but the lady thought it was by her.

I didn't take pics of her "hoo haw" because I dont see any change. He udder is just a bunch of hair. So I hadn't taken any of that either.

New pics coming in a few
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me add how pretty your girl is

the other aunties will probably be on this evening they keep late hours helping us watch our mares

aren't they wonderful !!!!
Thank you. I just love her!! Shes so cute and spunky. She was my first mini ever, and I have already bought another mare because I love minis so much. Love her as well Her names Sadie Anyways Im off conversation LOL

Oh they are wonderful!! I have read some of the threads. I do not however look forward to the waiting. Im thinking my gal till has a month to go because her udder is just starting to grow a little Though she is becoming a picky eater and she never was before

Welcome to the Nutty Nursery
default_smile.png

The Aunties on here are wonderful and will answer all your questions regarding crystal, which I might add is gorgeous !! There are a few of us on here eagerly waiting for our mares to foal.

Welcome Again , Sending you safe foaling vibes from Australia
default_yes.gif

Yay another pretty mama to keep tabs on. I did have several mares that went somewhat off their feed as their foal was filling up the area. Good for you for coming here the aunties are the best!!!

Yay another pretty mama to keep tabs on. I did have several mares that went somewhat off their feed as their foal was filling up the area. Good for you for coming here the aunties are the best!!!
Did they all do this about the same time? Im a bit worried because shes starting to just pick at her food. Dont want her to do that for the next month If shes a month out.

Welcome to the Nutty Nursery
default_smile.png

The Aunties on here are wonderful and will answer all your questions regarding crystal, which I might add is gorgeous !! There are a few of us on here eagerly waiting for our mares to foal.

Welcome Again , Sending you safe foaling vibes from Australia
default_yes.gif
Thank you. She is a furry beast Have you seen pics of her cleaned up without all her fur?

No would love to see some. Its the end of summer here so mine will be turning into furry little & Big critters soon enough.
default_smile.png

Hey, great to see you and Crystal here at last - hopefully we can help Crystal safely produce a gorgeous little baby for you. Do ask any questions, however silly they may seem to you, and keep those pictures coming. As we are watching for foals world wide, there will normally be someone on line to help out if needed - indeed most of us are up during the nights as well during the foaling season in case help or advice is required.

And have a look at the pinned threads at the top of this forum - some useful advice stored there. Plus dont hang back from reading and joining in the other threads, we chat about anything while watching our precious girls - even been known to think up limericks and poems to while away the time. But I dont think it will be very long before the babies start arriving as many of the mares are getting close right now - sounds as though Gorgeous is going to be first in line!
default_yes.gif

She's such a pretty girl! And that lopsided belly is certainly indicative of a baby in there! We're glad you came to join us at last!

Nope not all at the same time and some last couple days and some for a couple weeks... never know with these girls!! If she goes for her hay instead of the grain I would wonder about ulcers possibly starting.

She just picks at everything a bit. Eats a bit of every thing and pushs and pulls the rest apart.

It may just be something that she does as she gets closer to foaling - a lot of mares have funny quiry times/habits in late pregnancy. As long as she doesn't start to drop weight and keeps eatin something she should be ok for a while. Has she got access to grass, if so is she happy to graze?

Back