Crystals foal thread. [New pics 6/17]

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have all dirt ground out where I live so I have to give her grass hay for her to get grass. She is free feed a bermuda grass. But she doesnt eat it lately. In the last week Ive just been cleaning it out every few days cause she doesnt eat it.

She is a gorgeous pony and still looking good event tho shes carrying a little one. Looks like there will foals running all over this forum in the next month or so
default_xreiter.gif
default_thumbup.gif

If you start to notice any drop in her weight, I would add some alfalfa pellets or hay to her ration. That will give her a protein boost, and keep her tummy soothed!

If you start to notice any drop in her weight, I would add some alfalfa pellets or hay to her ration. That will give her a protein boost, and keep her tummy soothed!
I feed her a half a flake twice a day of alfalfa as well as the free feed bermuda. Should I maybe try some of the alfalfa pellets for something different you think? Or is it more soothing then the hay for the prego girls?

Is there any grass around where you could walk her for a nibble - might just get her eating again while she is having this problem. Not many of them will resist the chance for a 10 minute nibble of Dr Green! Sorry, cant help with your alfalfa question.

The alfalfa hay is just great. I wasn't sure what kind of hay you were feeding, but the alfalfa should be just fine. If you feed grain, you can add a scoop of the alfalfa pellets to it as an extra boost, but as long as she's getting alfalfa, she should maintain her weight.

Oh I'm a sucker for greys! She's stunning!!!

Will be paitently watching to see what she's got in there, sending good vibes that she's getting close and all goes smooth
default_yes.gif

Is there any grass around where you could walk her for a nibble - might just get her eating again while she is having this problem. Not many of them will resist the chance for a 10 minute nibble of Dr Green! Sorry, cant help with your alfalfa question.
Umm not much grass, more weeds to be honest LOL.

Oh I'm a sucker for greys! She's stunning!!!

Will be paitently watching to see what she's got in there, sending good vibes that she's getting close and all goes smooth
default_yes.gif
Thank you

While I wait. Heres a pic of the sire to her baby. Not the best pic but all I got, cause I dont own him. Oh are those spots I see? What color you think he is?

10fvtx2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what colour, think ill leave that to the spots expert Diane
default_yes.gif

He s a lovely looking boy along with Crystal & should produce something Wonderful
default_thumbup.gif

From that picture, he looks sorrel and white pinto, but I couldn't tell you pattern.

Wanted to bump this up as Crystal is getting closer. Udder has been slowly growing but no full. Yesterday I noticed her "female area" Is getting a bit more open. Laptop died so cant get pics on easily but will try tonight. Using my phone right now.

Should have a new laptop soon but not yet. Dont think i can post pics on here from my phone. Not much has changed with Crystal.

Just give us verbal updates until you can post pictures. We start worrying when we don't hear anything, so we really appreciate you giving us this update!

Ditto what Diane posted - please keep in touch by posting until you can get the pics.
default_yes.gif

Udders fuller today but not totally full. Her udder kind of folds in i guess cause she has had lots of babies but its like holding out and almost normal looking now. Supposed to have a laptop tuesday. In the meantime anyone have an email i can send pics to and they post for me?

Latest posts

Back