CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10:30 a.m. holding up her corner
default_yes.gif

339 days today
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Here are 3 photos of her udder. Definitely changing fast! Could it have started progressing because I tried to get a drop of liquid a few days ago?? Still testing at 6.4 on the bigger half, and when I tested the other side I think it was a 6.8
default_doh.gif

OH how dumb am I!!!!! The pics in order are 3/6, 3/7, and the last is from this morning 3/8. My camera is a day behind I guess, will fix the date on it today so I don't keep messing up LOL.

mel udder march 5.jpg

Mel udder march 6.jpg

mel udder march 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be watching her like a hawk, and not leaving her alone. With a 6.4 you could be within 24 hours of foaling. That udder is making wonderful changes and certainly saying the wait won't be much longer! How kind of her to be doing all of this on the weekend for you!

Keep us posted, and praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a healthy baby!

Last edited:
Melody seems to be just hanging out, she looks comfortable resting in her corner, then up again sniffing around her stall!!!

Looks like baby is "forward of center" and pretty much lined up for delivery. The udder is beautiful, and it won't be very long before you are playing with your new baby!! Happy and safe, uneventful foaling !!

after a quite eventful night for miss Melody up and down up and down its breakfast time
default_smile.png

and sleep time for me. can't wait to see her baby!

So glad you're back for the watch, Cassie!! She's just standing around now, grazing her stall.

I've been watching when I'm online too and she's doing well. Love the photos as they show such progress and I bet you have a baby soon. Can't wait!

Day 341! Udder is bigger today, biggest change is almost all of her edema has reached the udder. I can do a side by side comparison, as its much easier to see. Anyone want to guess when she will foal and what she will have (gender, and color)??

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0078.JPG

I'm thinking tonight will be the night. Know clue as to sex. Did you do the nail test? Soon you'll know for sure. How exciting.
default_yes.gif
Watching her now.

She was just flat out, and all of a sudden her legs started to go. My mom jumped up and scared the crap out of me!! Melody was even breathing heavy….. But of course she was just dreaming LOL
default_doh.gif
default_doh.gif
default_doh.gif

awww lol you're so lucky that your mum and sister's help Lexi
default_smile.png
hehe she definitley hasn't been as restless as last night... the only time I've seen her down was really early and she has been standing since... a bit unlike her...

haha just as I say that she goes down sternal lol little minx! <3

well I haven't seen her lying down at all tonight.... very interesting, I think it won't be much longer at all till Melody shows us what she has been cooking :D

Latest posts

Back