CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cassie - great to see you back here, we've missed you!!

Sorry have been 'missing' from here for a few days - we are having trouble with the phone lines and internet in this area right now. It seems to be working at the moment but I may 'disappear' again if they haven't properly sorted the problem out! And what a time to lose the internet, I've been so frustrated, imagining all these expected babies arriving and me not able to see or offer congratulations! Looks as though they might all have been waiting for me to become 're-connected' though LOL!!

Sending good thoughts in your direction Lexi for a safe foaling!
default_yes.gif

we think Melody is in first stage labour, rolling pawing yawning, down sternal more rolling...
Lexi is on her way down to the stable now just in case... also Melody has down lots of poops really quick
fingers crossed for a safe foaling very soon Lexi, more yawning...

OMG, everyone go turn on the camera link and look at that precious baby!!! Lexi when you have time - details!!! And a huge congratulations - I know you must be so thrilled. What a doll!!!

its soooo cute!!! and already at the milk bar, such a smart baby! I'm going to let Lexi tell you all the details, can't wait for piccies! again congrats Lexi and Melody, you both did amazing!

So WHERE are the pictures of this precious little one?? LOL

Congratulations on a beautiful little one! I've been away a day or so too, as had some problems with my mom, but I can't wait to see some pictures, as it says the cam isn't on. Pooh!

Oh what brilliant news!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Many congratulations Lexi and well done Melody. Cant wait for the details and all those pictures that you are going to send us.
default_yes.gif

naughty Lexi, you haven't been on to update the Aunties... tsk tsk been enjoying your brand new baby I'm sure
default_smile.png
you better give them some pictures soon or you will be in big trouble lol

Congratulations on your beautiful little foal!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!!!!!!

Yes, pictures would help. I can see a little of baby -- but momma has her big butt in the way of the camera! LOL So looking for a few pictures of just that beautiful little one!!! Her patterning seems lovely -- what I can see!

Hi Aunties!!! So sorry for the late update, hope you all forgive me!!
default_pray.gif

Melody foaled yesterday morning at 6:25 am, the birth was lovely and super quick! So amazing!! She had a lovely palomino pinto colt, and his face markings actually surprised me a bit! I love how half of his face is palomino and half is white. His right eye is blue, and can't tell what his left eye will be yet. Looks like a deep hazel/green, but I am sure that will change. He was super active right away, actually during the delivery when he was half out he was already wiggling all around in the sack LOL.

He has had some trouble pooping, and was given a baby enema as well as a mineral oil/warm water one again last night. He passed regular meconium yesterday morning a couple of times after the enema but then continued to strain. Got another half of the baby enema bottle, and passed very hard stone like meconium poops. My vet will be back out in a couple of hours this morning, wishing he could pass it all on his own but that does not seem to be the case… Anyone have trouble like this before? I am told by a friend who is a long time breeder that colts tend to have more trouble with meconium/impactions than the fillies do. Just really hoping once the vet leaves this morning that the little boy no longer has to strain.

No name yet, so any suggestions are welcome!!! He was born with TONS of hair, and his legs have so much he looks more like a lamb or llama LOL. So cute and fluffy!!
default_yes.gif

Also have a video of his first time standing up!

DSC_0063 2.jpg

DSC_0049 2.JPG

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0078 2.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0068 2.JPG

What a doll baby and so happy for all of you!!! BIG congratulations!!!

Latest posts

Back