Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GORGEOUS!!!! And beat Arabians in endurance??? What a huge heart she must have!

Ugly ex-husband??? Too funny! But the other stud is a handsome man... ;)

Chanda, that right there is cute, I don't care who ya are!! What a sweet looking face! !

These are the hills of Hafling. Even though it was August it was freezing cold and windy due to the altitude. Beautiful place and I told my ex it was his fault that I bought 2 haflingers after that holiday, he should have taken us to the Maldives cos it would have been cheaper
default_new_rofl.gif

Hols Aug. 2006 013.jpg

Hols Aug. 2006 023.jpg

Hols Aug. 2006 001.jpg

Omgoodness!!! What a lovely place!!! I've never been out of the Southern United States (how CAN I with all the critters?!?!), but I would have to put that place as a must-see!

I don't know if *all* Haffies have white on their face...most do, but I want to say I saw a team on horseclicks that may have had a solid face...I think it's just more common to see blazes/stripes than not.

I might have missed what she's eating but I thought I'd suggest some oil, especially rice bran oil if you can get a hold of it. I use it in various amounts in a lot of my feeds and it is a fantastic and safe way to condition on a horse without adding bulk, so great for broodmares and rescues which you're little darling is.

I think I did see some type of rice bran oil at TSC...maybe a Dumor brand? Hmm. Is it okay to introduce that now? She is on Life Design Mare and Foal, and we just (couple of days ago) started with small amounts of beet pulp.

On a different note, I saw no creepy crawlies on her anywhere, so took the olive oil out there and gave her a good rubbing right there where she is missing a section of her mane.

Tonight when I tested her, there are no new changes. The strips are still showing between 100-200 ppm calcium, but that pH was still way high. A bit more stingy tonight too, she only gave me half a cc.

*sigh* ...are we EVER gonna have a baby???

Amystours is your name Amy? Or is that just a forum name?

Anyway, I saw your post on the back porch, didn't want to post there, but wanted to let you know, that to a point that rule doesn't apply here in the Nutty Nursery; we love pics and don't mind if they aren't terribly informative about the thread in question. [but, yes do follow all those rules on all other forums.]

But be careful, once you share pics they never let you stop!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl The Aunties still demand pics of my 2011 and 2012 foals!

The oil should be safe to add in now, just like anything increase the amount over time so her system gets used to it. Oil provides about 3 times the energy of a comparable weight of grain and horses are very good at digesting it. I use the 350mL is equal to 1kg of oats. Not sure what that is in your strange American measurements
default_whistling.gif
default_whistling.gif
LOL! But might help you as a guide. I usually start off with about a 1/4 cup mixed into the feed and go from there.

I'm a bit of an oil fan! Great for glossy coats as well.

I agree Bree, bran oil would be very good for her dry skin. I use my childrens medicine measuring cup to start off with.

Hi Chanda, yep, I'm Amy. I didn't want to be tarred and feathered and booted out of one of the best forums I've ever been in!
default_smile.png
oh well, now I know!!

On a serious note, I will pick up some oil today. She's been in a good mood, and has started anticipating feeding times. She nickers and actually finishes her meals. Previously, she would take a bite, make two or three laps around the stall, and repeat. Maybe it was all adjustments to the new environment and new feed.

We do have to separate EVERYONE so there won't be confrontations. Cinnamon eats in her stall, and the other two minis have their feed pans at opposite ends of the lot. We have to let the old Percheron into the lot to eat, because the Haflinger will run him off. He gets to eat on his side of the fence. Old Dale doesn't think much of the minis, but all he does is pin his ears at them, and they leave him alone. I don't think he could kick if he wanted to. You talk about make a MESS when he eats!! We soak his food (and his beet pulp), and he's worse than a toddler! Has it all over his mouth and face!

Anyway, I have a big wedding to do this afternoon with the trolley, (supposed to pour rain all day), and they have requested a horse and the wedding carriage for after the reception...at 11 pm!! REALLY hope Cinnamon doesn't decide to domino before I get back!

Does anyone have a really good picture of a "normal" rear end and a "relaxed" rear end? Near the tailhead, I mean. I think Cinnamon is going to be tough to tell on that one because of her poor body condition. She never has offered much resistance in picking her tail up, so that's kinda hard for me to go on.

This is what we have so far:

20130321_111415-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's today's belly:

20130323_113148-1.jpg

Other side:

20130323_113134-1.jpg

Back side today (March 23):

20130323_112131-1.jpg

Back side March 11:

20130311_160549.jpg

Back side March 15:

20130313_165706-1.jpg

And Ike...such a good boy for the farrier!!

20130323_111027.jpg

What do her udder and hooha look like? I will go through my pics and see if I can find some relaxed rears for you

No change and no change, Renee.
default_sad.png
I'll be in town most of the afternoon, but will get pics of both for you when I put her in for the night, maybe 8 or so.

Here's some dinner buckets...she didn't want me messing with her tail tonight. I've been doing a wedding in town, amd my mother stalled her and fed her already, so she was less than cooperative.

20130323_195632.jpg

Got a half cc of milk (less than cooperative, remember). Color was watery white, not really sticky. She tested 100 on calcium and 8.0 on pH. Seems like the calcium has been hovering around 200 for a couple of days, but the pH has been almost neon pink. Tonight, it's not quite 8.4, but not 7.8 either, so I'll just say around 8.0.

Opinions??? I can't post the emoticon with the little "please" sign from my phone, so PLEEEEZZZEE???? :D

Ok so I failed, I haven't got any good rear end pics as my girls are always just so fluffy plus a little (ok a lot) on the fat side, so it is hard to tell. I agree though Amy with her being so skinny I doubt there will be any change. Her tummy has moved down and forward which is a good sign
default_thumbup.gif
As she was so neglected until not long ago we might not be able to rely on her milk either so I think the best thing to keep an eye on will be her hooha. Keep checking to see when it turns red/dark pink. Any chance you could take a pic for us?
default_please.gif

How did the wedding go yesturday? Did the weather pic up? There is an Italian saying that says "a wet bride is a lucky bride" well it poured down when I got married and look where that got me
default_new_rofl.gif
I think we should change it to "wet bride should do a runner !"
default_new_rofl.gif

Happy Sunday all
default_smile.png

Hey guys!! Been a hectic morning here. Fire Department from town called and said we had a horse out, so had to shag it to town. Of course, it was Pat (Haflinger)...standing across from his pasture in neighbor's yard. Took my jacket off, tossed it around his neck, amd walked him on back. Then the fun part...finding the hole (s) he escaped from. Finally got all that fixed, so about to run next door to Mom's to get y'alls pictures so I won't be tarred and feathered, lol

Wedding went without a hitch last night. Groom from Alabama, bride from Texas, and they bought a house in Arkansas...and wedding in Louisiana! Took Sampson out with the carriage since he is the most reliable, and everything was going good until the bride and groom come out. Most people throw rice, birdseed, bubbles, or even use sparklers (which I have forbidden in my contract if they use one of my horses), but they threw BEADS, like this was Mardi Gras!! I was freaking out, intercepting beads so they wouldn't hit Sampson. He did relatively well considering, and he was in the huge Mardi Gras parade here last month, but STILL!!

ANYWHO, sorry for rambling, I'm off next door!!

Naughty Pat!! LOL!!

But WELL DONE to Sampson - what a good boy!! Glad the weddding went so well too.
default_yes.gif

Hurry up with those pics!!

Looking through your pictures on the page before and get down to the farrier one and not paying much attention to the horse think whoa, the farrier is tiny! Then realised the horse was your haflinger
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back