Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel, I am so sorry that you had a rough day
c4124bf2ac7caab8843acd291414c52417bf56.gif

Carin not long now
yeah2.gif
I will watch for as long as I can tonight
saludando.gif
sweet dreams

Thank you ladies for helping me watch!
default_saludando.gif

Chablis: Very full bag! Not sure if it can get much bigger. Edema in front of the bag was decreased this morning. Vulva red and loose. Rear end loose. No change in colostrum.

Rosie: Bag full, vulva med pink, rear end still pretty tight. No change in colostrum.

Chablis looks like she could go any time. Rosie I think has a few more days. She is at 330 today.

Morning
saludando.gif
Lol just woke up n had to check up on your girls!!! I bet I'm going to come back from the vet n Chablis is goin g to have a gorgeous little foal at foot!!! Sorry won't be able to watch today but will try get on tonight for a bit, good luck praying for safe foaming for both girls!!

All quiet at the moment - perhaps tonight will be THE night???

If you dont mind me asking Carin, when do you let them out? Just wondering because they seem to be in and under the cam whenever I pop in to check during your daylight hours - but perhaps your weather has made it difficult for them to get very much 'outside' time?

Ah that would explain it! I admit that I only pop in and out to check during their daytime hours, but do check more often, when possible, during their night time hours. So easily possible for them to be outside when I'm not around!!

At this stage, they are stalled 24/7 under the camera unless I am home and outside. Tomorrow, if they do not look like they'll foal, I'll turn them out a bit while I'm out in the barn. But it would be pointless to have these cameras and internet feed if they weren't stalled where we could see them. I'm more concerned about making sure that the foals arrive safely and no one receives trauma or is lost during the process than I am regarding any exercise for the mares. Unattended mares are a receipe for disaster.

I appreciate your concern though.

So that means they can hide really well cos I was convinced they were out at times. ( no more drink for me) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol you girls
rolleyes.gif
Lol well I'm guessing no babies on my iPad do can't check the cam... Bout to head to bed massive twelve hr day at the vet gotta head back there tomorrow as well will check in when I can tomorrow though! Hoping you will get your babies soon carin!!
yes.gif

Oh I do understand Carin - it is simply not worth taking chances at this stage of the game!
default_yes.gif

Thanks for watching ladies!
default_saludando.gif

Chablis - Her bag is very large and her edema has increased again. I'm going to try and let her out some today to try work some of that edema off if possible. For those that followed Ballerina back in April, you may remember her edema. It was the length and width of her belly! I was sooooo worried about it. She was hard to express this morning, but what I was able to collect is very STICKY!! Vulva red and loose. With her I believe it could be any day.

Rosie - her bag seems down this morning but still full. Didn't test her, but her colostrum is watery and cloudy. Vulva was normal this morning so I think we have some time still.

Chablis is at 335 days and Rosie is at 331 today.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
How exciting, not long now
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I remember your girls from last year
yes.gif
boy I watched them for long enough
laugh.gif

Girls are turned out behind the barn today! Horse closest to the cam is Happy Hooligan O.K., our stallion.

It looks as though you have some sunshine at the moment Carin - hopefully that will make the girls feel nice and relaxed..........AND PRODUCE A FOAL FROM ONE OF THEM FOR YOU TONIGHT!! LOL!!

Sorry not been around much today - busy busy! Just dashed to the laptop to see the latest, but I see they are both still 'intact'.
default_biggrin.png

Chablis sounds as though she's very close???
default_yes.gif
Praying for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

I think the girls enjoyed their turn out this afternoon. If its nice tomorrow, I plan on doing the same.

Chablis: Bag is decreased but edema is the same. No changes any where else.

Rosie: Bag is also decreased. Vulva light pink. No changes in colostrum.

I hope someone is close.....next week, vet students come back and I have to assist in 3 labs. The next 2 days have a full moon and major weather changes.....its never mattered in the past but I'm always hopeful!

Latest posts

Back