Barn Fire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
With a heavy heart and tears I would like for you to remember Stuff (Mark) and Jackie Tyler of Emerald Glenn Farm in Woodville, Wisconsin (they are about an hour from St. Paul, MN). Last night while Stuff and Jackie were out celebrating her 50th birthday, someone apparently snuck into the barn and set the hay on fire, not only did the fire destroy the barn but nine of her Shetlands perished as well. Four of those Shetlands were her Classic her sires. Here is a list of those horse that lost their lives:

S & G Up & Atom-National Champion in Modern & Classic Halter. Sire of many notable National Champions.

J. & B.'s Oscar Meyer # 133122A-A Foundation Certified 24+ year old stallion making his mark in the Shetland show ring. He has several get on the ground but one did perish in the fire.

Toy Soldier FMF # 143900A-A Spit-N-Image Son out of Bon Jon Running Fawn-He earned his Halter Hall of Fame in 2005 and was a recent addition to the stallion band. Only one foal, a filly, to date he had sired.

Georgetown's Mr. Michigan # 140101A-"Mitch" as he was called joint the stallion band in 2000

Mares:

B & L's Rock E Kan-Callie-A Bar G's Rock E x Bear's Fashionable Lady, She was one of "Oscar's gals and had a colt by him.

Pan's Atomic Steppin Pretty-"Blue" was on lease from Kelly Grey awaiting to be bred to "Oscar" this spring.

2 Fillies that I don't have names on at this time.

If you would liek to drop them an email expressing your condolences or want to help in any way, Stuff and Jackie can be reached at:

http://www.emeraldglennfarm.com

Email: [email protected]

Home Phone: 715-684-5394

Thanks.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

I am so very, very sorry for their loss, my heart goes out to them.

Will keep them in prayer...

That is just awful that it was arson. Hope they find the person and he/she gets severe punishment for doing something so horrible. Please extend my condolences to the family.

oh i cant even imagine what they are going through. How could someone do that? my heart aches for them

I know that farm. ITs very sad. THey are about 10 mins from my aunts place. She has very nice looking shetlands from just looking from the road.

Havent figured out how anybody can do such a thing like that.

:eek: OMG I will go to their link immediatly, Thanks for letting us know. That is so sad and we must stick together as a whole in the horse world at a time like this! Maxine

:eek: Oh my gosh, I almost bought a filly or mare from them a few weeks ago.

How awful, I hope they find out who did it and they get their just deserts.

So sorry for their horrendous loss.

Oh my gosh my heart is breaking for this family! What kind of monster does something like this? If this turns out to be a case of arson, I hope the person or people who did this are severely punished! I am so sorry to hear of this tragic loss.

Its absolutely awful that someone would do this to defenseless animals.......they should be caught and tortured with fire as a punishment!!! I hate Cruelty!! sooo sorry for the poor owners.

I just wanted to add my sincere sympathy. I cannot even imagine the sick feeeling this must give you to have this happen.

This is one of my greatest fears.

I cant even fathom someone doing this intentionally, it had to be an accident of some sort. What twisted person would ever do this intentionally.

I am so very sorry! :no: Such a sensless act. They are in my thoughts & prayers.....What a terrible way to remember your 50th Birthday......
default_sad.png

How HORRIBLE!! What kind of monster would do that???? :new_shocked:

My condolences to the family, such an unthinkable, awful tragedy....

That makes me SOOOO MAD !!! It is the cruelest thing to kill innocent animals. Poor helpless ponies. My heart goes out to them.

Last edited:
I cant even imagine what they are goign through especially to lose 9 horses n such a horrible way.
default_sad.png

[SIZE=14pt]How awful - why do people do things like that? My thoughts and prayers along with a lot of sympathy go out to them.[/SIZE]

Barbie

I am torn between feeling heartache over the horrific loss and extreme anger at the evil. If it is indeed arson, someone committed murder.

MA

Absolutely horrific! I do hope they find the horrible person who did this!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

My heart goes out to them, and it breaks for the poor horses.

God bless them in this horrible time.

Sheri

I am so sorry for this needless crime! This world has become so frighting, you just never know what is lurking in someones demented mind. Bless their family and what is left of their horses...I hope they can start healing soon. :no:

Latest posts

Back