Barn Fire...Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Evening Forum Family,

I was able to get through to Jackie and Stuff this afternoon by phone as their phone has been busy most all day. They are both still very numb over the senseless act that was done and at the loss of their beautiful Classic Stallions and Mares. The arson investigators had left and did tell them that it was something that was set on purpose. The barn is a total loss. Right now they don't have anything, no hay, no feed, nothing. Stuff was telling me, as he looked out the window of their home (the barn sat maybe 80-100 feet from the house) that they will get in there in the next day or two to remove the debris and any bodies (if there is anything left of the horses) and those horses will be buried on their place. They were thankful that their house didn't catch on fire since it sat so close to the barn because the wind was blowing hard and cinders were going in all directions.

I have been receiving private emails about what people can do for them or donate money. I don't have a pay-pal account but would suggest that if you wanted to send donations, that those can be mailed to them at their home. What they really need right now is hay and feed for those horses that are still there. Stuff told me they had 1200 square bales in the hay area of the barn where the fire started, he had 80 round bales brought in yesterday that were stored close to the barn and his grain was in the silo. All he has left is maybe 20 round bales that were not burned. Lewella and her husband was there along with several of their close friends and family along with our Registry's president, Mr. Dennis O'Keefe and his wife Sharon was there to help. A neighbor, who they had not met before the fire, was burned on the back of his legs while moving the round bales that he could save. He's going to be ok and thank goodness he was able to move what he could. They did have some yearlings up close to the barn but they where moved to another pasture.

Here is their address if you would like to send donations or have supplies shipped to their home (buckets, halters, ropes, grooming supplies, any type of horse medical supplies, etc):

Mark & Jackie Tyler

2466 County DD

Woodsville, Wisconsin 54028

HmPH 715-684-5394

Email: [email protected]

You can see the horses pictures on their website that were lost in the fire. I told them of the out pouring of love, condolences and offers of help from this forum and the Classic Shetland onelist. They are both very grateful to hear from each of you. L'il Wee Ponies I did tell Jackie of your fire loss two years ago and know you might have some words of encouragement or a shoulder for them to cry on or help guide them though this time of sorrow. If you can drop them a line or give them a call.

Thank you.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Mark & Jackie Tyler2466 County DD

Woodsville, Wisconsin 54028

Just wanna correct this so it goes to the right place. It is Woodville, WI not Woodsville

Thank you Ashley,

Yes there address is:

Mark & Jackie Tyler

2466 County DD

Woodville, Wisconsin 54028

Thanks for correcting.

Karen

Just so you know, I have sent an email to them, hoping they'll contact me. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your original post, but sometimes the sadness just immobilizes me. I read it, but I couldn't deal with it right then.

I intended to contact them, but thanks for giving me a little push. It's still very hard. But, as I told them, if any good could possibly come from our fire, it's that I can make myself available to talk with and possibly help others thru the terror & grief.

Being a bit of an empath anyway, it is very difficult for me, but at the same time, it's somewhat self-healing to be able to help, if I can. I'm so very very sorry for their loss. It's hard to type thru the tears. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Karen - I've held off calling today knowing that they would be swamped with calls and busy with the investigators.

Thank you Karen for taking that step. I know it was hard for you.

Lewella thank you also for being there as well to help put out the fire.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

By the time it was discovered there wasn't much any of us could really do but give moral support. The O'Keefe's, my husband Paul, and I followed Jackie there from the party. By that point the barn was down and the firefighters didn't even want Jackie and I to go out to check the rest of the ponies because the silo was deteriorating. They finally let us go when they figured out Jackie wasn't about to take no for an answer but sent a firefighter with us. Don found some hay to put out to keep them as far away from the barn as possible. Sharon made sure there was hot coffee for anyone who wanted it once the power was back on. We did what we could but it sure didn't feel like much or anywhere near enough. :no:

I'm so very sorry to read about the loss of the minis and barn. What a nighmare this must be for Jackie and Stuff. I cannot comprehend why someone would do such a cruel thing. Is it possible that the hay could have had spontaneous combustion? I don't know about hay doing this at this time of the year but it was just a thought. I would rather believe this theory over someone purposly starting a fire knowing full well what the outcome would be. My prayers and wishes for better days ahead for the Tylers.

Latest posts

Back