Zimecterin Gold wormer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrescentMinis

Reaction score
Is it OK to use this wormer on pregnant mares? I have 2 coming home soon and depending on what the breeder says she's already doing, I may start their worming program right away. This product looked good to me from the standpoint of two drugs in one (unless there is any danger in that!).

Product marketing materials say:

"Zimecterin Gold Removes roundworms, tapeworms and bots with a single dose. Contains ivermectin 1.55% and praziquantel 7.75%.

Broad-Spectrum Control: Zimectrin Gold Paste kills important internal parasites, including tapeworms, bots and the arterial stages of S. vulgaris, with a single dose. Zimectrin Gold Paste is a potent antiparasitic agent that is neither a benzimidazole nor an organophosphate.

Animal Safety:

Zimectrin Gold (ivermectin/praziquantel) Paste may be used in horses five months of age or older. Zimectrin Gold Paste has not been tested in foals younger than five months of age, in pregnant mares or breeding stallions.

Zimectrin Gold Paste, when tested at 1, 3 and 5 times the maximum recommended dose every two weeks in five-month old foals, and at 10 times the maximum recommended dose in a separate study, did not elicit any adverse clinical signs of toxicity."

I have used Zimectrin Gold on all of my horses; stallion, bred mares, open mares, foals. Never had a problem with it.

I have used Zimectrin Gold on all of my horses; stallion, bred mares, open mares, foals. Never had a problem with it.
Same here
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back