Your Stud name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We chose Fox Glen Farm because we simply live on a meadow (glen) and have foxes wander through every now and then.

Foxy that is so sad I bet she never forgot you either.

Slaneyrose,...I like to think and hope that she remembers me.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: (I sure chased her enough down our road in my slippers and nightie),...At the laughs of our wonderful neighbors we had!!!! LOL

She liked to pick,..morning time,..to show off the fact that she could ESCAPE anything!!! Every morning,..some how,..she would get our electric fence gate OPEN,.....and peek at me through the kitchen window,.....soon as I yelled,...FREEDOM!!!!! :nono: ,...She would whinny ,..and TAKE off down the road!

Her halter would ALWAYS be laying in the pasture somewhere,..still done up!!,.and it was a snug fit!

Everyone called her HOUDINI horse!,.LOL
default_wacko.png
:
default_smile.png

Pictures454.jpg

I hear that she went to a family with 2 little girls,......I do miss her sooo,..and if I could get her back,...I would in an instant! :no:

I could lay against her for hours and tell her my troubles and she would never move,..except to occasionally nuzzle my cheek once in a while,..She was SPECIAL!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_crybaby.gif
:

Mine came about kinda naturally......I have been in the horse biz for years not breeding and selling myself but working on other farms, and we did show rabbits for a while, I also do dog rescue and foster, have raised and shown birds in the past, and now we are onto sheep........I have two sons and a mob of critters and about 10 years ago I exclaimed one day that "we seem to always be running a muk"....it fit and we are

Runamuk Farm......we raise finnsheep and have a few miniature horses, and a herd of dogs, and currently one arabian mare that I co own is hanging out in my pens....

Runamuk, what kind of dogs do you have??
I have a 12 year old Borzoi (aka russian wolfhound), a 12 year old chowchow, a 6-7 yr old german shepherd, a 6-7 yr old standard poodle, and a 1yr old astralian shepherd :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

The old chow chow has been with us about 7 months she is ailing and quite lame seems to have arthritis and dysplasia along with a lovely case of dementia
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
: she is happy and eats and toodles about when her time comes so be it.

my antique wolfhound shows no signs of aging of course she spends 90% of her time holding down the porch, living room rug, or couch..........

The german shepherd was on death row and so we took him in at a year of age he had been in over 5 homes ...he has issues...most people wouldn't want him...he freaks out about being touched and it is very possible he is part coyote
default_wacko.png
: we figure he is here to stay he is great with kids and for the most part leaves my stock alone (he does like to run the fence and bark but hasn't ever been aggressive when he actually was in with stock)

The standard poodle is my oldest sons dog he has had him since he was 8 weeks old and he is our hunting dog...he hunts waterfowl and upland game and is a pain in my butt
default_wink.png
:

The aussie I picked up at the puond and he helps me (ok is learning to help me) with the sheep.....he is a great dog and also makes a nice bed warmer

I am actively looking for a livestock guardian as my borzoi has done this job and is getting a bit old to be out in inclement weather................and at some point we will be getting a chow pup from a friend I traded for a horse.

I got my farm name from someone right here on LB. Unfortunately I don't recall who it was.

Oh this is a fun thread!

Ok, when Greg and I chose a farm name I wanted something different from our kennel name. We went with Truly Yours Farm for a couple of reasons. First, to honor our Trulee, who was my very first Saluki, and who is and will always be my very special "heart" dog - she will turn 13 later this month. (in my avatar). Also, our 5 year old son's name is Tyler, we call him Ty a lot of the time...so our farm initials (TYF) incorporates his name. So the name Truly Yours Farm honored the two biggest loves of our lives.

Shelley

Latest posts

Back