Your Stud name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slaneyrose

Reaction score
You all have interesting stud names and got me thinking where you came up with the ideas? Its what you will be known by and so will your horses so an important decision right?? I came up with mine because I`m from Co. Wexford and went to school and now living in Co. Wicklow, the river Slaney runs thru both....and I had a red setter at the time called Roisin (irish for Rose) and so was born Slaneyrose stud! Tell us about yours!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Mine is pretty simple. Been around big horses all my life that spook and freak out at the dumbest stuff like a bunch of wimps. I was amazed when I began to get minis how " Bold & Brave" they were. They didn't go around jumping out of their skin over little things that the big horses did. And "Prancers" pretty much explains itself. But I eventually changed it from "Bold and Brave Prancers" to "Brave Little Prancers'

Well,......mine is pretty simple too,.....
default_smile.png

Fred,....already had a name when I purchased him,..back in 92,.......Ohhhhh,.....you mean stud,..as in HORSE???? :eek:
default_unsure.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

I getcha now!,...

slowly backing outta this post and RUNS!!!!!!! LOL :hypocrite:
default_whistling.gif
:
default_giveup.gif
: :lol:

Back before I had anything other than an Arabian mare and a QH gelding, I was looking through a book of brands and came upon the "rafter" and "heart" symbols and thought they would be cool together. And so Raftered Hearts (plural because there are always more than one of us and the rafter past tense as in we are all under the same roof...sorta! Sounded "cozy" to me somehow.)

It probably should be "Rafter Heart" to be more proper in terms of brands....

Thank you for explaining yours, that is a neat combo of the two.

Liz M.

mine was silly...i name it from my collie sassy. she'll be silly and sassy with the younger foals than the serious "boss" to the older ones. and the minis acted just like her. thats how "Sassin' Minis farm" came about.
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:
default_yes.gif
:

Sassy

mines a play on the word painted because ive painted for years and even though minis are called pintos I came up with Baxters Painted Pasture
default_smile.png
heres my new logo

Didnt she do a great job of drawing tamale?

kaylayout5-348x413.jpg

heres the pic she took it from

tamale-291x202.jpg

Last edited:
Well I think Maine Pride is self explanatory. We are from Maine and proud to be here.

Way back when, my hubby nixed every fancy idea I came up with. So we went with our initials. His name is Karrel and mine is Robin. Last name is Olmstead. So ROKO. Pronounced Roe Koe.

It sounded better than KORO

LOL

Oh heavens! Don't be sorry! It's a fun question!
default_yes.gif
: stud farm, butter stix...it's an education! :lol:

barnbum

LOL thanks Barnbum but I can only take credit for educating you on the stud farm....We dont have butter stix here...(well we dont call our pound of butter "stix") it was something an american breeder told me!! lol Thats why I thought most here would have heard of it!!
default_wacko.png
:

Well Midnight is midnight & has been for years
default_yes.gif
:

And when all in my life was bad, he was my shinning star... er aka Midnight Star - which was perfect for a stable name
default_wub.png
:

Also when I think of midnight, i think of black

& When I think of Star, I think of White... & we love Black & White coloured horses, cats & dogs.. etc.

All of our foals will be reg.d as "Midnight ...some thing..."
default_yes.gif
:

Ours is Blessing Farm cause it's a blessing that one acre can hold this many horses and kids! Linda B
:lol: :aktion033: :lol:

I knew what you meant by 'stud'
default_yes.gif
: no need to explain.

We are Cedar Plains--we took that name years & years ago when we were raising Morgans. My mom grew up on a farm, & to get to town they would take a prairie track through a bush pasture which was known as "cedar plains". Later when my mom & I moved back to the area, we would trail ride in that pasture. So, it seemed a good name for our farm.

We moved away from that area 20 years ago, but the farm name still works because we are still out on the plains/prairie, and much of the land in this area is over run with creeping cedar. So, when it came time to come up with a prefix for our Miniatures, "Cedar Plains" fit just fine.

OK,...Farm names,..Kool,.. :aktion033:

Well In Nova Scotia,..I had a beautiful Appaloosa named Freedom
default_wub.png
:
default_smile.png
,......(She is on our farm logo),...anyway,......We lost our farm and moved out here,..and I had to sell her,...
default_crybaby.gif
:

I still cry and get a lump when I think of her,..(It was the hardest thing I ever had to do),...
default_unsure.png
:

Sooo,..Our farm name is FOREVER FREEDOM FARM. or ,..the 3 F's,...in my name on here.

Forever,..because I will love Freedom forever!,..and I will NEVER forget her.
default_wub.png
: :no:

Ours was because we bought our place in the country as a 'haven' from the city. A place to live in peace with our animals, etc... so it was Country Haven. (Our first name for the place was very 'western' inspired, the 'Lazy P' since our last name is Parrington, so we used the 'p'... however, the animals all seemed to adopt that attitude very easily, and spent all their days laying around and we decided not to give them any more inspiration in that regards. -- Unfortunately, the idea stuck, and they're all still lazy, spoiled, and fat. LOL)

We chose Snowy Acres as we moved into our farm on a January 1st day. Up in this North country you are in the midst of winter here. Lots of snow and cold. Maureen loves the Snowy River movies so that kinda inspired the name also.

Ken

WELL MINE IS "CAVEHILL" ITS CALLED AFTER A MOUNTAIN THAT WE AND OUR HORSES LIVE UNDER, THE MOUNTAIN IS CALLED THE CAVEHILL,AND ITS SHAPED LIKE A FACE OF NAPOLEON,AND ON THE NAPOLEONS NOSE THERE ARE TWO CAVES,THAT ARE LIKE NOSTRILS, UNFORTUNATLEY A FEW HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES JUMPING OFF THE NOSE :no: BUT MYSELF AND MY HUBBY WERE RAISED AT THE CAVEHILL AND WERE FOREVER CLIMBING IT AS KIDS, ITS ACTUALLY WERE WE WENT ON OUR FIRST DATE, WHEN WE HAD NO MONEY!!
default_wub.png
: OUR LOGO IS OUR TWO HORSES REARING AT THE FOOT OF THE CAVEHILL
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back