YOUR paranormal experiences

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
As a said in my thread about the movie Paranormal Activity, there is a spirit that hangs out at the mall where I work. I work at a dry cleaners in a small strip mall that also has an Albertsons in it. One of my co-workers also works there. We both have had experiences at the cleaners and she has had them in the grocery store as well. We both think it is a child who loves to play pranks and isn't "evil" or "angry" at all. Some of the things that this spirit has done are ringing the door chimes several times (like he/she is walking back and forth over the sensor to set it off
default_wacko.png
), making the bathroom door squeak (but it doesnt move...another co-worker and I heard that one at the same time and looked at each other kinda freaked out...lol), leaving a flower/stem on the front counter when I was the only one in the store, putting the candy that we leave out for customers in the little candy wrapper garbage can next to it when no one is in the store over night, throwing "something" (invisible) at me and hitting me in the face which I felt, but didnt "see" (that was weird!
default_new_shocked.gif
lol), and other things which I can't think of right now....Been going on for years.

At the grocery store, my co-worker and another person work overnight by themselves in the store while it is closed and they have seen/heard things fly off the shelves and heard the doors open (when they are locked).
default_new_shocked.gif

We both just laugh when things happen, because we arent afraid of this spirit. He/she means no harm and is just being "bratty"...LOL!

I have felt other spirits around me as well, but I know who they are and they make me feel safe. I have never had a "scary" paranormal experience and I think that my "personal" spirits keep them away.

I do believe in the "paranormal", I work in a nursing home on a floor by myself midnights and have not yet seen anything that I could really chalk up to being worth calling paranormal but it does creep me out as when I go into this one residents room, he is very "confused" and not alert at all, however at night he is always staring over at the same corner of the room eyes wide open and it CREEPS me out like you don't know. He never will focus on anything, however, every time I go in to assist him to the bathroom during the night he is always staring at that same corner.

The empty rooms give me the creeps ... all of the doors must be shut. I just cannot stand empty rooms.

I've not seen anything or hear anything, every now and then I hear noises but its nothing really out of the norm. Just regular sounds an old building would make. I remember when I first started on nights ... I heard something running down the hall but it was coming from upstairs, the floor above mine. It sound like a heard of elephants or a horse galloping. I asked the nurse about it the following morning and she said it was just the cat running down the hallway which I know it is
default_smile.png
. Big relief to me ....

If you think about it ... with all the pain and suffering that some residents go through there last days at nursing homes they should be ground zero for paranormal activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda,

I've lived with Spirit all my life........The word "paranormal" always tends to make people think of Ghost Stories and scary movies.....like the movie you saw on Halloween. Stuff like that is very rare. And it always ends up being either explainable or controllable.

What people tend to forget is that WE are all GHOSTS with physical bodies.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Ma---

Oh I love this stuff!!! lol

My brother bought an old house (build in the 1600's) a few years ago. It has a BIG old barn way out in the backyard.

This is actually how I got back into horses, the day he moved in I said, "I want to put a horse here!"

Anyway, one cold snowy night I went grocery shopping. When I came out of the store at 11pm it was really freezing out and I thought of my POA pony that was stabled at my brothers. I hadn't put a blanket on her that night and I was feeling terrible. So I decided to go put one on her!!!

As I pulled in the driveway I saw there were NO lights on in the house so I continued to drive out to the barn. I kept my headlights on to light up the door. Went in and turned on the barn lights. Weaved my way through the weird old barn. Said hello to Dottie and grabbed her blanket. BTW, she was the only horse in the barn!

As I was buckling the last buckle I suddenly hear......."SLAM" above my head coming from the loft that no one uses! Loud as anything as if someone slammed a huge door right above me!!! I took off running as I was saying , "Jimmy is that you", thinking for sure my brother was playing a really mean trick on me. I flung open the barn door to the outside yelling, "is that you?"! I don't even remember getting to my truck but I somehow flew into it and locked the doors,! I only stopped for a second to notice that there were only MY footprints in the snow! I have NEVER been so scared!!!! I was shaking like a leaf and tears were streaming down my face uncontrolably! I don't know how I drove home!

My brother went up into the loft the next day to see if there was anything that may have fallen over or something but found nothing! Not even a DOOR!!!!!

And two times after that incident I found my stall door that I had left UNlatched, latched when I came back from dumping the wheelbarrow! It was locked from the outside so I would have had to reach over the door to do it myself, only problem was I COULDN"T REACH IT!!!!! Eeeeeek!!!!!!

My brother found out later that someone was run over and killed in the driveway by the milkman years and years ago!!!!!

Oh, I also must add that Dottie, my POA, whom I bought as a calm kids pony turned into a nervous nelly there and was no longer safe for kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy

Our Hotel was built in 1896. After dark , when we are closed I will not go in the hotel. The main dinning room is origional (pretty much) and this is the room that has the most energy.When people are here , my mind is thinking of a million things at once, but without the people to distract me I can feel a lot of energy, nothing angry , just stuck, and feeling like they belong there. In California I lived in a house built in the 50s , it was definatly occupied. The first week I was there , I was watching TV on the sofa with my dogs and cats. Coins flew through the air and hit the french doors. I got up in disbelief and looked at the coins, it was just normal money a dime or 2 a nickel and a few pennies , all different dates. The house scared me , and the bedrooms felt cold, and like people were hanging out in there. One bedroom especially creeped me out , and none of my animals would go in there. I shut that door and never went in .I had a friend at the time that helped me do some things to keep the energy away from me. They (energy) were always there, but stayed in that bedroom and in the garage. Jack Fitch , the man that built the house lived there with his wife ... she died in that house...her name was Penny, thats also my moms name . maybe it was her, and she just wanted to stay there, people told me that she was very nice , and loved her home, and gardening. There was a little greenhouse attached to the house , that was another place I wouldnt go into.

About the corner in someones room (someone else posted) when i was a child there was a person , a young man that hung out in the upper corner to the left of our bathroom. I know it was a man, brown curley hair and about 20 years old, he didnt do anything, he was just hanging out there all the time , i could feel him and see him , not physically , but in my thoughts. He was protecting me , or it felt like that. Later in my 30 s I found out I had many spirit guides, one being a young man in his 20s . I need him now, must ask him to be more present. When i am in the right place, and my mind is free and open I have seen people in places. For me I just see them standing there, but somewhat faded, not "3-d" like a normal person, more like 1 demention, like they are as thin as paper, and faded in color, normal looking people . The way I know they are not "real" is that they are sometimes wearing clothes from a different period, and that they are faded. I only see them when my own mind is clear and free of stress and distractions. when I was younger I could see auras around people. Lots of green, yellow, sometimes white, blue, again when i am not concentrating on a certain thing. Its a nice place to be , in that state where you can feel and see things that others cant see. I hope to be able to get back to that place, there is so much history here, and the people so repressed here in Switzerland that It scares me to think what may come to visit. There is a witch in the town below... see is pretty facinating from what I hear from a few that see her, maybe this month I will have the guts to go see her.

krissy

Last edited:
When I was in first grade, I had my first interaction with the paranormal. We had a school field trip to a huge old plantation in Maryland. We were all sitting in the main room while our tour guide told us about the house. I felt like someone was looking at me from behind, you know that feeling right? I turned around and saw a man standing there that didn't seem real. He had dice in his hand that he was shaking. I turned around to get my friend's attention to show her. When I turned back around he was gone. About an hour later our tour guide told us about the original owner and how he had lost the house. He had been a gambling man that decided to gamble the house thinking that there was no way he could lose. He lost. The guide said that he still haunts the halls trying to win back the house. I about peed my pants. I remember that day so vividly. From then on I have been a believer.

I also have had sightings of something I call, Shadow People. I'll see the shadow of a person walk by when there is no one there. At first I was terrified because I didn't know what it was. I thought at first that someone was in the house when they shouldn't be. I've seen these things since I was in high school and have never once felt threatened, except when I first saw them as stated above.

I also work with tarot cards and have had some seriously interesting happenings.

I have a friend that does a lot of work with the paranormal, specializing in old asylums. The minister that conducted the ceremony for my wedding is one of the top paranormal investigators in the north east. Awesome man. He's pretty good tarot card reader as well.

I too have seen "shadows" that were not from anything physical, just there.

My grandfather who is one of my guardians has touched my cheek and my shoulder before...in a loving way...reassuring.

One of my friends' mother died more than a year ago and 2 days after she died, she came to me and while I could not see her, I felt her very strongly and she "told" me (hard to explain this because it wasnt that I could actually hear her talking, but that I "felt" her telling me) to take care of her daughter (my friend). I have never met this woman or talked to her before, but she knew I was helping my friend thru out her illness and now her death.

I would love to go visit someplace that is known for "haunting" and feel all the energy there. Yes, I would be scared, but I think that experience would be amazing.

I have strange things happen on a regular basis but I am so scared that I try to talk myself out of them.

One thing, that I cannot deny is that I knew my girlfriend's dad was on his way to Heaven the night before he died.

We were at a bar (this was back in my hay day---when I was young) and my girlfriend's mom and dad walked in to

say hi. The minute I saw Ralph (my friend's dad) I could see like a white mist all around him from the top of his head

to his feet. I whispered to a different friend, "do you see anything different with Ralph?" She didn't have any idea

what I was talking and we were all standing in a circle talking. It became apparent, that I was the only one who

could see this.

The next morning, I drove straight down to their house. They were rushing Ralph to the ER. He died moments

later of a massive heart attack.
default_no.gif

Linda, It's hard to describe when you are in a place filled with Spirit. I think everyone would describe it a bit differently....

Some would feel chills or prickles. Others will hear a high frequency sound. Then, there's the feeling of an invisible satin curtain touching your skin. (I've experienced them all.)

Debbie, You are obviously a "sensitive". I've seen a mist like that only twice. Have never seen "shadows"? Have you ever seen an ORB? I know some people can, while usually they are only caught on camera. What is comforting to know about your friend's dad is that there were his Loved Ones close by before he Crossed.

There is a chat forum connected to the book "Hello From Heaven" which folks may like to check out.

http://www.after-death.com/Pages/MessageBoard/Default.aspx

well we have seen our share of strange things at my place (maybe cause there is a cemetary on it) it actually gets annoying anything from drum cadence around midnite (everynite), turning on the jukebox very loud to the same song, dogs barking and surrounding "someone" in the yard when no one is there. the little girl is fun she likes the old toys that have around. I have seen images of a buffalo soldier looking at me then at my full size horses with the look of can I use one that is hard to explain I just hear it in my head. I told him go ahead just don't get hurt lol. to many others to mention but have never once felt threatened dawn

Linda, It's hard to describe when you are in a place filled with Spirit. I think everyone would describe it a bit differently....Some would feel chills or prickles. Others will hear a high frequency sound. Then, there's the feeling of an invisible satin curtain touching your skin. (I've experienced them all.)

Debbie, You are obviously a "sensitive". I've seen a mist like that only twice. Have never seen "shadows"? Have you ever seen an ORB? I know some people can, while usually they are only caught on camera. What is comforting to know about your friend's dad is that there were his Loved Ones close by before he Crossed.

There is a chat forum connected to the book "Hello From Heaven" which folks may like to check out.

I hate to even say this because this stuff scares me but I see streaks of light in a totally dark room at night.

I hear music (old fashioned) when nobody else can.

I awake every night around 3:00 AM--Dead Time.

The worst thing is how I'm often scared by someone or something touching me lightly while sleeping. I jump half a foot and feel

like I'm going to have a heart attack.

Now, what I'd like to know Miniv........What am I supposed to do with all this strange stuff?
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png

I don't even talk about this with family or friends but I am curious as to what "sensitive" means and can I get

rid of it or learn not to be so frightened.
default_ohnoes.jpg

My family thinks I'm nuts.....and like Miniv said about people getting freaked out referring to paranormal experiences...I am that person!!!! I HATE being alone at night.....I've never had anything freaky happen, but I just get chills at night when 'things' happen....my imagination can run pretty wild unfortunately....

I've had a few experiences....some of which I didn't believe at until years later.....

There is a spirit in our house, and it has been here for years. I thought *I* was nuts, until this past summer, when my Mom and I were on a trip and somehow while visiting my friend, we started discussing this exact thing. On our way home, Mom piped up about the spirit in our house. She thought it was my grandmother (my dad's mom), who passed away a couple years ago, but I immediately said, no, she's been around longer than that. I can remember seeing her shadow MANY times over the years. I'm positive it is a woman....and I am pretty sure I know who it is....she doesn't seem to go anywhere other than the upstairs of our house, and when I told my Mom who I thought it was, she thought the same. She is not here to do any harm, I truly believe she is watching over things here....as she loved being here as much as my Dad does and their father did (who I also believe is around here at times, though it is a much more subtle way when 'he' is around....he was born, raised, and died here about 10 years ago due to health reasons-he came back here to die and once he realized he was here, he slipped away very peacefully)....

The other odd place is a neighbour's house that I watch and look after their dog & cat while they are away. I will not stay there.....and I try not to go there after dark. There is just a really bad vibe that I get off that place....always have since the first time I was there. It is a really, really old house, one of the first that was built in this area. There is this one chair in that house, and I always think I am going to see a man sitting in it, but I never do....I just know he is not a very nice man. I was talking to someone else about that place, and they said they got a really bad vibe off the place too. They were actually thinking of buying it years ago, but just couldn't get past the 'bad' energy of the place. The people who own it now have lived there for about 20 years, and the wife just passed away in April. The first time I set foot in the house after that, the energy was completely different. Much calmer.....I'm sure she is there, or her passing has taken the bad energy away-but she was such a nice woman, I don't believe she was creating the bad energy....if that makes sense....

There is a big old mansion very close to here, and us 'locals' all know it is 'haunted'.....though I've never been in it....

The place I hate going most is a cemetery.....too many confusing feelings the few times that I've been through one....

I've had countless past pet sightings......the most being my Samantha mutt who I put down a year ago....she's always smiling and happy when I see her....

The worst thing is how I'm often scared by someone or something touching me lightly while sleeping. I jump half a foot and feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.
Now, what I'd like to know Miniv........What am I supposed to do with all this strange stuff?
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png

I don't even talk about this with family or friends but I am curious as to what "sensitive" means and can I get rid of it or learn not to be so frightened.
default_ohnoes.jpg
I don't know if you can learn to not be so frightened, but I do have a suggestion for you... Do you think that the "touching" is negative? If not, it might be a kind entity or a loved one trying to communicate and (sometimes) you can tell them (out loud) that they frighten you and you can ask them (nicely) not to do that, tell them that it frightens you and if it is a kind entity and/or a loved one it may not bother you anymore as it wouldn't want to frighten you. I have heard of people having luck with this method.

OK Im one who does not really believe in paranormal stuff. Maybe I just dont know enough about it to really believe or not believe. I just sort of write them off as strange coincidences. BUT.....we had our GSD put to sleep after a long battle w/cancer about 4 yrs. ago. The last month of his life it was very difficult for him to walk, although he was very much alert and didnt appear to be in any pain. He was unable to walk down the steps of the house so hubby and I would take turns bringing him down the steps and we would lay him on his dog bed at the bottom of the steps out on the walkway.He loved it and was always able to watch us working in the yard, was able to see the horses and I think he felt he was still able to watch out and protect his family. When the vet came to put him to sleep she did so right at the bottom of the steps on his bed.

He was the oldest of all the dogs and was the alpha that would teach all the others. Now to this day and ever since we layed Brisket to rest, none of the dogs will walk over his spot on the walkway. Even if a ball is thrown and it lands at "his" spot all the dogs will wait for me to go over and pick it up. When Brisket was alive he put himself in charge of all balls in the household, no dog would ever dare to take a ball away from brisket. When I call the dogs in they all come charging but make a big arc around Briskets spot. Twice I have given Ribbie a treat, he will take it to Briskets spot and just leave it there then come back in looking for another. I can go out 3 hrs. later and that treat will still be sitting there....NO DOGS WILL TOUCH IT!!

This is the only paranormal type thing I have ever experiened ( not sure if this would even be considered paranormal ).... I often wonder if Brisket is still w/us....still protecting the family.....I hope so.

Heidi

About 10 years ago for some reason I was always tired. I could fall asleep just an hour after getting up in the morning. On the way to work one morning I was having that I can't stay awake feeling. Next think I know a man says very loudly "Susan wake up it is not your time to die." It was a voice I have not heard before or since.

I opened my eyes and I was driving down the road on the wrong side.

My guardian angel saved my life.

I try to keep an open mind about anything I can't explain, but because of bad past experiences I personally try to avoid having any of my own paranormal experiences. I guess you'd say I'm voluntarily "closed." My great-grandmother had a lot of experiences, and apart from her I seem to be the only member of our family that actively runs into this stuff. Lucky me.
default_rolleyes.gif
When she (my great-grandmother) died a couple years ago I can honestly say that there was a part of me that was convinced she was going to seek me out. So far nothing, but she was also never very fond of me. There are a lot of creeky old farmhouses here in rural Illinois, and I've had a lot of one-shot weird experiences, but I've only felt an active presence in three places. My great-grandmother's house obviously (she had a lot of her own stories about it), our old barn, and the river cabin I used to live in. The old barn at the farm is the original one and about 20 feet away is the original house; I've never spent the night in the house, so I can't say if it's got the same feel. I honestly think that whatever entity was/is in that barn didn't like my ex. On more than one occasion I would go into the barn with him following and the door would slam between us. It's never happened with Mo, so they must approve.

The river cabin was by far the most "active" place I've lived, but it didn't have bad energy...most of the time. It and the cabin next to it were built by a couple of fishing buddies, and if I had to guess who/what was there I would say it's the old guy that built the place. Originally I told myself it was just an older place, and that accounted for a lot of noises, but I couldn't explain the footsteps on the concrete basement stairs (no creaking there) or the swinging doors at the top of the stairs. Several times a week I'd hear what sounded like someone going up and down those stairs, so I just told everyone it was the man that lived in the basement. A lot of my friends felt creeped out there, and my sister won't even go into the place, but only once did I ever feel threatened. One night I was in bed and I heard the footsteps on the stairs, and then the swinging doors at the top. And then I heard footsteps in the kitchen...in the living room...and outside my door. I sat straight up in bed and yelled "You get the he** out of here!" There was a creak and then nothing, but I just sat stock still in bed. Finally, I got up the nerve to check. I grabbed the bat from under my bed (young girl living alone--it's a necessity) and threw the door open. Then I ran through the house, grabbed my keys, and left. I stayed with my grandmother that night and came back in the morning with a guy friend. He went through the whole house, and then he went into the basement. There are two basement doors that open onto the dock, and I kept them locked and bolted at all times, but that morning both were thrown open. I guess the old guy must have taken my advice and left.
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda, It's hard to describe when you are in a place filled with Spirit. I think everyone would describe it a bit differently....Some would feel chills or prickles. Others will hear a high frequency sound. Then, there's the feeling of an invisible satin curtain touching your skin. (I've experienced them all.)

I don't believe in the orbs in pictures. There's a perfectly good explanation of those. I took a psychic development class that was suppose to teach us how to strengthen our psychic abilities. Instead the woman talked about Earth Angels and Guardian Angels, biggest rip off but I won't get started on that. She talked about the orbs in the pictures and what they meant. The only pictures she showed us were from a snowmobile accident. She was so amazed that there were so many orbs around the area. Hello it was snowing in the pictures. The flash gets reflected off the snowflakes causing...orbs. She wouldn't hear anything I had to say. I used to be heavily into photography, and knew just how those orbs happen. Also if your lens has dust on it or lint, you get orbs. Most people don't clean their lens properly so they get lots of orbs. I believe in the paranormal, but I first go through to see if there is a logical explanation for the occurrence. Most of the time there is. Sometimes there isn't and then that is when its a paranormal experience. Everything I experienced I first went through to make sure that there wasn't a logical reason as to why it happened. I don't just automatically assume that its paranormal. I have a lot of friends that will jump right to conclusions that something was paranormal, but in reality it was just an everyday occurrence.

Orbs that you see in real life, I do believe in. Those rarely have a logical explanation.

I know I've had several paranormal experiences, but one leaps to mind right now: When I was a teenager my folks put our old retriever mix, Trapper, to sleep while my brother and I were at school. Yes, he couldn't walk anymore or see, but I didn't get to tell him good-bye. What made it worse is I didn't have him around to listen to me or protect me especially when it came to watering the lawn at night. (My folks liked to conserve water and had us kids water the lawn in the dark with the hose. It was creepy at night.) One night, I was watering, thinking of him and a little sad when I felt his big furry body lean against my leg. I stood there quietly for a moment then said, "Good boy Trapper. I love you, old boy," and he was gone. He stayed around for another week before he moved on. I sure hope God likes to throw sticks... a lot.

Latest posts

Back