Your Favorite Snacks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite snack foods?

Some of my favorites are:

• Apple Slices (salted) and Peanut Butter
  • Dry Well Done Dry Toast Pieces to Dip in Blue Cheese Dressing (low fat, usually ... like that makes it health food!)
  • Almonds (especially Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy or Smoked)
  • Salted, Shelled Sunflower Seeds
  • Pretzels
  • Wheat Thins
  • White grapes
  • Very ripe bananas
  • 2% Wrapped Cheese Slices

I think the long holiday weekend gave me too much time to contemplate snacking! I feel like I could go for all of the above about now
default_biggrin.png

What about you? What are your favorite snack foods?

ranch doretos

almonds/cashues

chips & salsa

bananas

deep fried cheese sticks w/ ranch

kosher dill pickles

Last edited by a moderator:
Chips are my favorite, but I try to limit how often I eat them. I also like smoked almonds, pistachios, toffee covered peanuts, ranch flavored sunflower seeds, club crackers, and teriyaki beef jerky. I definately have more of a 'salt tooth' than a 'sweet tooth'. :/

I don't get to snack very often, but if I do, I like

Salted nuts

bananas dipped in low fat strawberry yogurt

I have to have my popcorn every night. I cook it the old-fashioned way, on the stove, in a pot, with olive oil. Much healthier than that microwaved crap in a bag
default_smile.png
. I usually drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle cumin, curry, and garlic. Yeah, my breath is fantastic after that lol

SNACKS OH MY! I'm so fluffy now I don't need any to get more fluffy! I eat my meals on a saucer so I limit my portions, BUT! I do so love a hershy bar every once in a while. Potato chips are a sin, but somtimes I can't resist. Once in a while I like to get out a cheeseball & ritz crackers usually during football season or salsa & corn chips. I make my own salsa so it's healthy.

Would you consider beer a snack! Sometimes I really appreciate a nice cold beer, it's full of calories but oh so good.

I am not much of a sweets person....chips/cheese are my fav...tortilla chips with spicy jalepeno cheese sauce...yum. I like different types of dips with chips....and beef jerky, meat sticks, etc...I also love flavored almonds...I think they are called jalepeno chipolte also made by blue diamond. I make this buffalo chicken dip with cream cheese, oh its heaven! I am hungry now!

Jill, your snack choices are actually pretty healthy.

Oh yes...beer is a snack! ;)

Oh no thanks on the beer (yuck!) I can't stand it (but like beer bread!). Vodka martinis / cocktails on the other hand... I maybe like those too much sometimes
default_biggrin.png

I have to have my popcorn every night. I cook it the old-fashioned way, on the stove, in a pot, with olive oil. Much healthier than that microwaved crap in a bag
default_smile.png
. I usually drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle cumin, curry, and garlic. Yeah, my breath is fantastic after that lol
ESPECIALLY over how my mom used to make it. I would bet she made it for 10 years this way. She doesn't eat it a lot and one day I was over helping Mom / Dad with something and she decided to make popcorn. She puts it in with the plastic bag on it. I told her she forgot to take it off and she says you're supposed to make it that way! I got the box and showed her. Apparently the pastic bag sort of crumbles or something. I don't know... but I don't imagine that is at all healthy. Hopefully the paper bag kept most of the bad plastic toxic crud out over the years!!!

default_smile.png
LOL! Matt! I have popcorn too.......The 100 calorie "crap in a bag." But sprinkling with seasoning is something I have never done. Will try it...... I'll be brushing my teeth and tongue!
default_shutup.gif

Popcorn, ripple chips, tootsiroll pops and m%m's. water, gingerale or diet pepsi. ice cream and strawberry yogurt, animal crackers.

Potato chips, preferably salt and vinegar!

Pistachios

Cheese and spicy mustard

Olives and pickles

Popcorn with "shaker cheese" and butter on it.

Chips and salsa

Beef jerky/Slim Jims

Lunch herring/pickled herring

Cream cheese poppers

Celery and cream cheese

Basically anything that's bad for you.....
default_yes.gif
default_eat.gif

Brie cheese on garlic wheat thins, Chobani yogurt, Concord grapes, popcorn with the ranch flavored seasoning, Fuji apples, clementine oranges, chocolate covered pretzels, Better 'n peanut butter regular and chocolate.

Oh, I also love Chobani and other Greek yogurt. If I'm wanting dessert and I'm being "good", I will mix in some splenda or equal, but if I'm bad, then it's fruit jam to match the flavor of yogurt, or additional honey! I can make anything bad (yummy but shame on me)
default_eat.gif

Got another thing I think will go on my LIST... Nutella + Pretzels
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a person that likes sweets too often. I do enjoy chips, but my weird snack is meat and cheese.. A slice of lunch meat wrapped around cheese. I don't even care for bread that much and take my sandwiches apart and eat them that way too.. And NO condiments ever! :)

I do like pistachio nuts too.. And gummy worms / bears.

Popcorn, old fashioned way, using olive oil in the pan....then sprinkle with sea salt and serve, with some m and m's tossed in the bowl as well.

Salted crackers with a piece of cheese and a bread and butter pickle on top.

Cream cheese with red pepper jam on top and use a triscuit to dip into it.

Nachos with cheese and salsa on top and heated in the oven to melt.

Latest posts

Back