What Are Your Favorite Restaurants?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best place to eat in Tulsa is a little place called Talley's Cafe. I believe that is the one you were trying to remember in Tulsa (minimomNC). There is also a fantastic Japanese restraunt called Osakas (you sit around the grill)--understand they have 2 locations now and one is near Broken Arrow that has a shshi bar.

Also if you want some of the best made to order hamburgers in Tulsa go to Burgers in Paradise--must go at least twice while I'm there.

We only go out a couple of times while we are at Nationals as I always get a kitchen stall and do most of the cooking while there.

But to answer the question:

Best Local Food:

Dairy Bar - Great Hamburger (rated "Best" in OKlahoma last 9 of 10 years)

Ozzies Diner at Westheimer Airfield in Norman

Harry Bears - Fried Peaches to die for

Coits - Best Hot Dogs w/Chile you will ever want to eat--my grandkids are the 5th generation to eat there.

Best Chain Restaurant:

Red Lobster

Red Robin

Cracker Barrell - lover the chicken and dumplins

Best Fast Food:

Sonic - foot long dogs

Wendys - Chocolate Frosty

Long John Silvers

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh this thread makes me hungry!

Local:

Sweden House: roast turkey breast sandwich and chicken noodle soup (alll homemade)

JohnnyPamcakes: hubby likes their breakfasts (served all day) I like their BLT's.

Lino's-Italian and anything they make!

Chain:

Lonestar Steakhouse-steaks garlic mashed potatoes

Texas Roadhouse-steaks mashed potatoes

Crackerbarrel: Ham steak dinner, hubby and my mom love their Chicken N Dumplings

Fast Food:

Culvers: Butterburgers, fish, chicken tenders. Fries.

Subway

Huge Thai freak here! So some of my favourites are places that most wouldn't have heard of:

Bangkok Pad Thai in London

Golden Thai in Toronto

A great place here in Sarnia is called Lola's Lounge. A really eclectic, warm atmosphere with great staff and an awesome menu. Just ate their last night with friends over a bottle of Chablis
default_smile.png
. Here's the FB page for it with the new menu. I had the sesame encrusted ahi tuna last night. Mmmmmmmm....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lolas-Lounge/218080984950191?rf=118530581524770

I also love sushi/Japanese. There are a ton of restaurants in Toronto
default_smile.png

I don't eat at any fast food places really. The main reason is that I'm gluten intolerant and there aren't really many options (aside from salads). We will go to Red Lobster in Port Huron occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I avoid fast food, but I have to say SMASH BURGER has me hooked. I would not even consider them a fast food chain although the food is brought to your table fast. Whether I order smash chicken or smash burger in one of the various choices it has always been delicious. The sweet potato fries come out in a stainless steel dish and are hot any yummy the way I like. I only go there about once or twice a month, usually when I am out having do some shopping errands and think I deserve a treat or feel like being naughty and cheating on my diet. The milk shakes are to die for. They are made with Haagen Daas ice cream and are served in an old fashion glass like you used to get at soda fountains AND they bring out a little extra helping in a stainless steel shaker so you can top it off. Their strawberry is my favorite. You know, I might just have to go to town and take care of a couple of errands today.
default_wub.png
default_eat.gif

Latest posts

Back