Your favorite puppy chow recommendations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly recommend Eagle Pack Holistic dog food. My year old Rottweiler/Golden is one it and looks wonderful! Natures Recipe, Natural Choice, and Merrick are the few others that I would suggest.

STAY AWAY from Beneful, Pedigree, Atta Boy, Old Roy, and the like. They are just garbage foods. Its like us humans eating junk food all the time, yuck!

[SIZE=14pt]I for one have used the Large Breed SCIENCE DIET Puppy and am very happy with how my German Shepard/ Great Pyr mix did on it. He is now on the Large Breed adult and looks wonderful. His joints are healthy and strong. I was worried about how he would grow with haveing 2 known hip dysplasia breeds as parents, but has grown up great and is now 2 YO.[/SIZE]

April

i am another fan of Nutro Natural choice. I raised Mitzy on it. Tried several others, most were all to rich and gave her the squirts.

I go with Bil-Jac Puppy for my kids and then switch to Science Diet when they are about a year old. Both are really good - I like the Bil Jac because my Havanese puppies have a hard time with the really hard nuggets in most dog food and the Bil-Jac is a bit softer for them.

I have been feeding Drs Foster and Smith. I really like it, and it is combarable to the very expensive premium feeds but I have found it to be just a little more expensive than say Iams. The cool part for those of us far away from civilization is that it is delivered and if you are on their "automatic" delivery every tenth order is free which kinda pays for the shipping. You can check i tout on www.drsfostersmith.com.

Latest posts

Back