You Know You're A Horse Person When...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Right now, I'm at my business office and just returned from visiting the ladies room. While there, I discovered I had a strand of hay on my lower right leg inside of my pantyhose! Such a polished professional to have been sporting that "decoration" until early afternoon... I guess this shows you can take the girl off the farm, but you cannot take (all) of the farm off the girl
default_blush.png

What about you folks? Hopefully I'm the only one who found hay in her pantyhose today, but I bet you all have examples of "you know you're a horse person when..."
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I find hay just about anywhere. There was a piece in my hair when I was walking into work. LOL

Oh I ALWAYS find a piece of hay or shavings in my coat pockets, socks, shoes, even in my bra...which makes me start to wonder how in the world it got there!?
default_laugh.png

I always find hay every where, in my hair, on my socks, in my phone, my pockets, you name it hay is there, but I do have an amusing story from when I was working at a real paying job. Before I retired I worked at an small animal hosp. I was one of the dog groomers and worked my way to business manager of the Grooming shop. Every day befor going to work I would feed the horses, come in the house, shower, then go to work. I had two pairs of tennis shoes, one for the barn and one pair for work. Well one day I must have not had enough sleep, I put on my barn shoes to drive to work, since I was acclimated to the odor I didn't notice. When I walked in the door and past the receptionist she said "What is that terrable smell"? I started looking around and that was when I noticed I had on my barn tennies, it was me! worse thing was after bathing a couple of dogs and getting good and wet they smelled even worse.

default_biggrin.png
Thanks for the giggles!

I won't have my horse here at my house for another couple of weeks. I haven't even been around any. There isn't a horse or pony for a few miles from here.

But for the last several weeks (even before I decided to buy a horse!!) I "swear" I smell horse every time I walk outside! It's the strangest thing. No one else smells it.

I've come to the conclusion it's it my blood and I must have several to feel complete
default_wub.png

I have what I call my "poop shoes". They are a pair of regular white canvas shoes with the shoe strings taken out and 1/2 the tung cut off and pushed up into the toe of the shoes for easy on and off. Now, you know you are a horse person when you slip on your poop shoes to go to the store and sometimes out to eat at a local café.

I think I'm the lucky one because I can wear poop shoes & have hay in & on everything to work. I work at a horse barn, so I smell all the time, so my husband tells me.
aktion033.gif

See, I knew you all would understand.
default_yes.gif

Poop shoes, yes. Got 'em. Don't think I'm bragging, but I have poop boots, too!
default_biggrin.png

I'm always around the house and out "casual" finding hay, etc., however, I thought I was better at cleaning up my act before sitting down to client appointments. Sincerely don't know how it happened as the stockings were washed and I took a shower before leaving and AFTER horse duties this morning
default_rolleyes.gif

Yesterday my husband and I went to a nice sit down dinner for our anniversary. Its really rare that we go out to a sit down dinner together because its hard to find a babysitter, and my little man isnt much for sitting still at a restaurant. Anyway, fast forward to time to leave. It started raining outside, so I decided it was probably cold, and was going to put my hat and gloves on when we were leaving. Got my hat on, but went to take my gloves out and out came a handful of feed with them, right in the busy lobby of the restaurant. Dont know how that happened, as it was my "good" coat. I would expect it in my barn coat, but sheesh, not my good one!

I get embarrassed by "stall mucking" hair, especially in the rainy spring. You know that odor that seems to cling to your hair unless you shampoo after mucking out in wet spring and sometimes fall or winter weather? I might do a few quick in the morning and then rush to work. Then you realize once you have been there a bit this faint 'aroma' around your head!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

I get embarrassed by "stall mucking" hair, especially in the rainy spring. You know that odor that seems to cling to your hair unless you shampoo after mucking out in wet spring and sometimes fall or winter weather? I might do a few quick in the morning and then rush to work. Then you realize once you have been there a bit this faint 'aroma' around your head!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Fabreeze !!

I spray it on everything, even my hair. Just a light mist.
default_yes.gif

I once went to the chiropractor and was getting up from the table, and there was a little hay on it. Came out of my back pocket. Can't figure out how that happened as I was wearing my "going to Town clothes". I was embarrassed but he was ok with it, he knew I had horses. He said it wasn't the first time...LOL
default_laugh.png

For years I've collected all the horse teeth that I come across (the caps my horses shed) I have a habit of putting things in my bra if I don't have a pocket. One night it took me a while to figure out why I was being poked. Seems the tooth I'd put in my bra for safe keeping was putting the bite on my b**b!
default_laugh.png

Years ago I had company come for a visit & lunch. We were looking at the horses when my clevage started beeping! (I carried my pager in my bra too!) I said excuse me and ran to the barn! They found me 5 mins later down in the dirt covered with "water" & mud trying to foal out a mare for a client. I was pretty filthy when we sat down to lunch later. But being horse people, they didn't mind! That day they got a meal AND a floor show!
default_laugh.png

There is always horse feed in my pockets. It doesn't matter if it's been washed or if it has never been near the horses there will be feed there. No idea how!
default_new_rofl.gif

You know you're a horse person when..........all of your shoes have mud on them. It doesn't matter if they are high heels, clogs, sneakers, sandals or boots they all have mud on them thanks to those last minute trips to the barn and who on earth wants to change their shoes for 30 seconds. Oh well, it does get a little embarrassing but I wouldn't trade my mud, smell or hay tidbits in my hair for the world. This thread has reminded me that we are all connected.
default_wub.png

One morning I got to work and was about to step out of the car when I noticed my shoes were heaver then they usually are. I looked down and OMG
new_shocked.gif
I had my nasty old muck boots on. I mean these where old men sized, smelly, hole in the top nasty boots lol(gotten rid of them since) and I had no shoes in my car to replace them...well my pants where a little longer than usual so I stayed at my desk and tried to cover them...didn't even go to lunch that day, just hid as best I could until time to go home lol
wacko.gif
. I now keep an extra pair of shoes in the car lol.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back