You Know You're A Horse Person When...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poop shoes, yes. Got 'em. Don't think I'm bragging, but I have poop boots, too!
default_biggrin.png
I got new poop boots for my birthday! My old ones are pink and perple plad. Base color was pink. My new ones are pink and blue plad with a white base color. I get them a size too big so I can slip my feet in and out of them. They are great for keeping my feet dry when I bath the horses or when it gets mucky in the winter.
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce

Oh, I thought of more after my post.

I wafoalingng out a friends mare and I took 4 days off from work to do it. Well, mare didn't foal until 10pm the night was supposed to go back to work. Work was at 11pm. I foaled her out (had a case ohip lockck) and I didn't have time to "Clean up" before work. I got there and called in from the security booth. I told my supervisor, "I just got done delivering a foal and I got down in the muck and I smell". I told him I would come in to work unless he wanted to give me another vacation day. He told me no it waOKok. He would give the extra day of vacation.

Oh, and every morning I slip on my poop shoes and barn coat over my nightgown and take my dog out to potty and feed the horses and chickens. If neighborsbors don't like the view they don't have to look.

It is my 40th on Saturday and hubby asked me what I wanted, lol you can imagine what I want?

Yep a new pair of muckers and a new horseball. ROFL we are so predictable!

It is my 40th on Saturday and hubby asked me what I wanted, lol you can imagine what I want?

Yep a new pair of muckers and a new horseball. ROFL we are so predictable!
That's too funny, this year for Mothers Day hubby asked me what I wanted I said a new John Deere lawn tractor, quess what I got for Mothers Day, Yep a new lawn tractor. Horse women are not hard to please!

Oh and Happy Birthday, I do remember 40 yrs. old, it was a great year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always have hay or feed in my pockets, etc. Christmas 2008 I ask for automatic watering bowls, Christmas 2009 I asked for a wheelbarrow and manure fork and christmas 2010 I asked for horse panels.
default_yes.gif

You know you are a horse person when...you are getting ready to go out to dinner and go to dry your hair and realize that the hair dryer is in the barn !!! Yep, you trek out there with the minutes ticking away that you have to leave by to retrieve it and actually think about drying your hair IN the barn and just leaving the hair dryer there!

About Mare Stare... just love the PJ's and muck boots look. Fashion conscience ...NOT!!
default_new_rofl.gif

I had somebody picking hay out of my hair at my weight watchers meeting this week. I have more than once wore barn shoes to work. My friend said " I thought you smelled a little "gamey" today" when I looked down horrified at my feet. I never smelt them either. LOL. You really know you are a horse person, when you have saddles and feed and muck buckets (with the hose staying warm in it) in the house. Everything comes in during the winter. I reached into my pocket to pay the cashier at the lunchroom one day and there were crumbled horse cookies in with my change. No wonder my horses looked at me funnny, I forgot to give them their treat.

Smiled with a deja vu of this thread as I was tying my sneakers heading out the door.

You know you are a horse person when...you have at least 4 pairs of sneakers. One for the barn,one for pasture visitors,(same pair as getting/loading hay),one pair for leaving the house, and I have another pair just for going for walks
default_biggrin.png

One day, after spending the morning vaccinating horses, I dashed into town to run a few errands, including depositing a cheque in the bank. I reached into my pocket to pull out the cheque and also got a handful of needles and syringes, which I then tried to stuff back in before anyone noticed. The teller never said a word.

I also reached into the pocket of my 'town coat' in the lobby of a museum for some change, and accidentally spilled oats all over the carpet. I spent the rest of the day trying to remember why on earth there were oats in the pocket of my town coat.

Luckily, I work in the office of an equine vet clinic that is located in a barn, so my 'barn shoes' don't put off a stink that's not already there. ;-)

These all made my day, some I could relate to, like the hay and grain in pockets. We also keep grain bags in the house in the winter to keep them from freezing. Easier to make warm mashes with. lol. Years ago when we self boarded, I would stop on my way to work and feed, take out horses to paddocks and clean stalls with my work shoes on. One day I bent over at work and couldn't believe how bad my shoes smelled! Lucky I worked in a department store shoe department because I had to buy a new pair and then apologized to the cashiers when I asked them to throw my old pair away. We are a crazy bunch but wouldn't trade my horsey life for anything.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back