You know you have a BIG dog when..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad for mini's

Reaction score
Finally found a blanket that fit my Great Dane, it is the winter blanket that I had bought for my horses !
default_new_shocked.gif
This is a medium size foal blanket, full size horse, mind you, not mini. And it fits her pretty good. She likes it and it keeps her toasty warm
default_laugh.png
I figured if the horses didn't need it Jenna could use it. It was brand new sitting in the closet for two years.
default_wacko.png

100_84013.jpg

Any other big dog owners that have a hard time finding stuff for giant breeds ?

I had the opposite experience--- I had to use a dog blanket to fit my mini when he was younger- the foal blankets were to big!!!

Lisa

LOL I had to do the same thing with my great dane! My minis had to share their clothes!! LOL

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Jenna is a sweetheart but also the biggest chicken you will ever meet !
default_laugh.png
She really doesn't understand how big she is.

Thanks for sharing your big dog LC , she sure looks to be a happy girl
default_wub.png

yes, I am having trouble also finding things for giant dogs. I have two Great Danes. I am attending a dog show the end of January(just to watch) and hope to find another coat for my new girl.

Robin

We use foal blankets for our Danes when out when its real cold.

We have a pair of them and have had them for years.

As for giant related items more & more stuff is out there for them particularly over the internet.

She looks great in her new blanket!! I also have a Great Dane and had a hard time finding him a leather collar to fit. He has a huge neck. His collar fits around my waist! Should have just bought him a leather belt! lol. For Christmas he got a regular sized basket ball and he can carry it in his mouth. Here is a video of him playing with his volleyball and my mini stallion.

Fargo and Levi play ball

Just looked at the video myself and realised that Fargo (the dane) is only 1 in that video so he has grown quite a bit since then. He is now coming 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great! Our giants don't need blankets, they have plenty of fur... but here are some photos

IMG_6664.jpg

Denverstandtallme.jpg

philly23317.jpg

Denver4.jpg

Using that foal blanket is genius. I have a couple I should try them.

Amy found her winter parka at Petco where the pets go.

Lately I found that Jeffers has some things for large dogs so I got her some tee shirts XXXXL

wintercoat-1.png

i didn't know there were so many giant breed owners here! what lovely dogs everyone has!!

here is my ashley in her new coat and matching "snood". it doesn't cover as much as your foal blanket but it does a good job of keeping her toasty. i'm waiting for booties to arrive from the lady who made this coat. she's sending me some prototypes to try out.

January5.jpg

Love all the photos
default_smile.png
They are great ! My dogs love Petco and Petsmart but nothing there is large enough for my big girl. Now my little Havanese is a different story, there are tons of cute clothes for her.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back