Yearling with Excessive Salivating

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
My husband has let me know that one of our yearling is salivating/drooling quite excessively. She ate her morning feed with no problem. No other symptoms that we can determine. She grazed as normal when they were put out on the pasture for a couple hours this morning.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Other things I should be looking for/checking for?

I had a bag of whole oats that did that to my mare. there must have been some clover seed in the oats. Stopped feeding her it and she stopped drooling like a saint bernard. It was gross.

when's the last time the teeth were done? we had a draft that drooled about a bucketful a day because his teeth were long

I had a bag of whole oats that did that to my mare. there must have been some clover seed in the oats. Stopped feeding her it and she stopped drooling like a saint bernard. It was gross.
She's on a pelleted feed (Strategy). We're thinking maybe it was another weed or something in the pasture?

Teeth? She's only a yearling so her teeth haven't fully come in yet. The equine dentist was out in mid-March to give everyone a once over and a "beginner's float" so they can get used to having their mouth manipulated like that. Of the 4 animals we have, she and the 11 yr old mare have as nearly perfect teeth as a horse can have, according to him.

Teeth? She's only a yearling so her teeth haven't fully come in yet. The equine dentist was out in mid-March to give everyone a once over and a "beginner's float" so they can get used to having their mouth manipulated like that. Of the 4 animals we have, she and the 11 yr old mare have as nearly perfect teeth as a horse can have, according to him.

k, sorry

Latest posts

Back