year end awards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I am looking for some input on year end awards. What has been the best year end award prize you have received from a horse club? Also, if you win a year end award what would you like to see for these type awards(ie: trophy, halters etc) if you had a choice? Thanks for the input

Julie

I got some great stuff over the years.

I got really tired of trophys and I was very glad to get other stuff for a change that I could put to good use.

I love "using stuff"

Depends on how much money your club has to spend. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion prizes were always super nice.

One of my favorites was a director's chair with my name, and the name of the class on it. It was printed up on the back of the backpart of the chair and the year was also on it in the corners.

Another one was a satin jacket. On the front was my name with a horse logo and on the back was the name of the class.

I won a simco western saddle once and show halter one year long ago and Michael also won a youth saddle for his class. We all won director's chairs. I still have them!

I'll try to find them and post pics back here on this post later.

Tee shirts are always fun and come in handy and so are horse flags. Love horse flags!

You can also assemble little baskets of supplies such as brushes, grooming products, shampoos, horse treats etc.

For 4 H year end awards the boys got plaques with their names on them and there is a place you could add a picture too with a large nice certificate. Still have those hanging up in the barn right now.

I got halters with club initials and the year with Hi Point put on them.

Love the director chairs.

Trophies, plaques, horse blankets with horses name.

Halters with horses name.

Club jackets.

Thanks
default_yes.gif
: I myself would prefer useable prizes. The trophies are nice, but,,,

we have a show committee meeting next week and will take all these ideas with me to share. We have found at our shows when we have prizes, most people love the useable kind. Although the youth enjoy the trophies. Keep coming with the ideas!!! :aktion033:

Julie

T - shirt with a group picture and year etc. Nice to remember your members of the club

All really good ideas- how about a usable gift and a Certificate (I know you can do really fancy ones on a home computer so it need not be expensive, just look it) saying what has been achieved and what gift was presented???

Yeah I have little room for the plaques and trophies, myself.

I am a neck ribbon fanatic, though, so I save those as much as I can.

I love coolers (for the horses w/the club name and the Grand Champ or year end designation on it), or a good, heavy winter blanket in the average size (say for about a 32" horse), a light stable sheet, I have even gotten a nylon halter w/a brass nameplate on it that said Champion at one show. I am using it now.

Jackets would be nice, the folding chairs already mentioned. A gift cert for a tack vendor is always a bonus.

I agree w/the certificate, though if it were a really "big" award, a nice trophy wouldn't be bad, either, I just prefer things I can use.

Liz M.

Here you go.

AA.jpg

AA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a nice driving whip for the driving champ?

I think the kids do like trophies-- maybe it's because they don't necessarily buy the supplies! LOL But my daughter enjoyed the lead rope and bucket of grooming supplies she got.

I like the idea of the winter blanket or cooler too. But 32 wouldn't fit my horses....so how could you buy one that would fit the winning horse?

I also like the idea of some sort of applique for the vehicle or trailer. I'd like to put a horse image in the window of my main horse-haulin' vehicle.

A license plate holder? LOL

Does that help?

Latest posts

Back