"Yea-Sac" for digestive health

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I was given a tub of "Yea-Sac" that is supposed to aid in good digestion and help prevent colics. Does anybody use it and how were the results?

Thanks,

Robin

I used in a while back and didn't really notice much of a difference. It smells a bit odd but my horses ate it. The small container didn't last long so I eventually stopped using it. The ingredients in the multi vitamin Accel also promote digestion as well as being a multi vitamin for a much cheaper cost.

I use Horse Krunch for digestive health and would not be without it, nor would I change.

It says it prevents colic and I believe it does.

It's a Masterfeeds product. We are in Canada.

LOVE Yea-Sac......I believe in it! I started it on my show stud in May....from the start I could tell it was helping. I think it aids in digestion and utilization of the proteins/vitamins and minerals.....and the fact that he was switching brands of his grain and hay....I figured it couldn't hurt to help him. He made a smooth transition. I think he gets more out of his feed by the addition of the Yea Sac.....

I don't use much....it comes with a small scoop(that is dosed for a full sized horse) in the 3 lb. bucket. What I do is 1/4 of the small scoop they send with the product. Once daily mixed in his grain.

That is plenty for a mini. A bucket lasts a couple mini's quite a few months.

If you read the info on the product it claims to help mares milk more too. I have no experience with that claim.

What I do know is it keeps my active horse digestively sound. He has done well on it and I got great compliments on him. Mind you, he is on a good feeding program but I ddo think Yea Sac plays a role in all this.....

One more thing....when I worm him.....the Yea Sac seems to get his stomach back in order and poops back regular quickly. I believe it says something in the info on it about it puts the good flora back in the gut after worming.

It may not be necessary or beneficial for EVERY horse but my opinion is it has a place for active horses in training, those under stress or under weight issues or even high strung horses who get a bit nervous.

I want to add.....it may or maynot have anti-colic abilities(I didn't buy it for that). I bought it strictly to aid in healthy digestion. I still monitor my horses daily for water intake/ watch my hay per each horses indivual needs for their digestive needs and do believe in the properties of soaked beet pulp to keep things "moving" in the pipelines.....
default_laugh.png

Trouble is no one hardly carries the product....I just went through this. Looked everywhere as my regular online supplier stopped handling it. I ended up have my vett order it through their supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back