Ya'll wanted to see my pairs driving lesson?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
Here's the original story of the weekend, including the lesson with my trainer's Friesian pair Todd and Lars: I had the coolest four days....

I finally uploaded the photos to Photobucket tonight, I hope you like them.
default_biggrin.png

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/Spy...rection=reverse

I'll work on getting the other pictures up soon.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Holy giant black horses Batman........now that is a trip. Gotta love those big horses, talk about presence. Must have been awesome sitting up there like that.

Thinking I can do that on a miniature scale with my tiny matched set of twins lol......but I just don't drive! Wanna borrow them? hehe

Wow those are beautiful!

You looked to be having a wonderful time..

What about that clip job?? I havent seen that before.

They look so stately like they belong at a Queens castle...

Thanks for sharing...
default_yes.gif

Marty said:
Thinking I can do that on a miniature scale with my tiny matched set of twins lol......but I just don't drive! Wanna borrow them? hehe
Woot! Give them a couple of years to grow up and I'll fly out and help you train them.
default_thumbup.gif

Basketmiss said:
That's called a trace clip. A lot of people do it when they're working their horses in the winter as it allows them to cool out faster without making them freeze to death. Kody will be getting his as soon as it warms up enough that he's sweating. At the moment he can go forty minutes at a trot or canter without even getting warm.
default_wacko.png

Leia

Wow! Leia,

You are getting lots of great experience! You are well on your way to becoming our West Coast driving expert! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it.

Diane in OR

Diane, thank you for the compliment but I think Breanna in CA has me beat hands down for the Pacific Coast forum expert! I can't even claim the NW title as Dorothy Whiteman has me so far beat it's not even funny...I love her.
default_wub.png
I'm enjoying the chance to get out there and learn and drive more horses though, it's very educational.

Leia

Marty said:
Woot! Give them a couple of years to grow up and I'll fly out and help you train them.
default_thumbup.gif

Basketmiss said:
That's called a trace clip. A lot of people do it when they're working their horses in the winter as it allows them to cool out faster without making them freeze to death. Kody will be getting his as soon as it warms up enough that he's sweating. At the moment he can go forty minutes at a trot or canter without even getting warm.
default_wacko.png

Leia

What's the weather like now in washington? I've been wanting to drive my roadster horse and work with my two 2 year-olds but as of right now it is -35 degrees!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I miss warm weather
default_bye-sad.gif

Friesians! Wow. The best I've ever gotten to do is lead one around. Someday I want to own one. How can they look so beautiful just acting like regular horses?

What's the weather like now in washington? I've been wanting to drive my roadster horse and work with my two 2 year-olds but as of right now it is -35 degrees!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I miss warm weather
default_bye-sad.gif
I think that day it was in the upper 30's or lower 40's, something like that. Cold enough I had a thick winter coat on over that vest until I overheated grooming both horses.
default_rolleyes.gif
Winter has been unusually dry so far and I figure the nasty drowning rains will hit any time so I'm driving as much as I can while the weather's decent. I envy you guys the snow, but not the freezing temperatures!

Leia

Oh that is soooo neat! Looks like it was a lot of fun.......and maybe your next horse is going to be a Friesian!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back