Would you geld him

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He will be much happier as a gelding and he will be more fun that way too! My gelding is the best little horse in the world!!!!

Robin

Besides everyone is gelding and I don't know anyone that has had a colt this year.

No offense Katiean, but this statement is totally wrong. There are several farms who have had colts this year and good quality colts too!! And no, not everyone is gelding. There are far more people in this industry who are NOT gelding than who are. While my program is also color oriented, I put emphasis on the conformation of the horses in it first before I ever consider color. HOMOZYGOUS does not equal STALLION QUALITY.

IF you are looking for a pinto STALLION QUALITY colt, may I recommend Belinda Bagby @ Cross Country Farm, Erica Killion of Erica's Tiny Trotters, or Sharman Brown of Thousand Oaks. They all have had pinto colts that I would like own IF I was breeding miniatures.

Besides everyone is gelding and I don't know anyone that has had a colt this year.

[/quote

Hmm I have seen hundreds of pinto colts for sale some for as little as 300 dollars. However of course a quality colt one that has the possibility of maturing into a show quality , herd sire well again they are not rare although they are and should be a bit more pricey!

I have to look for my horses in the Northern California and Nevada areas. My last mare I went to pick up cost me over $150 in just gas and that was Reno to just south of Sacramento. I know there are a flood of colts in the midwest to east but I would take a second look at the colt because the picture that was provided was not conclusive that this colt should be gelded. I am sure if you took a picture of just about any world class stud and put him in someones backyard and hand them a camera and they took pictures just as they take pictures of their own horses and someone would say geld him. JMO

Latest posts

Back