Would like to see pics of y'alls mini horse shelters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Gray Heart Mini Horse

Reaction score
I would like to see examples of y'alls mini horse shelter and how big they are and like to see shelters with built in stalls to thanks.

Would like to build a nice but cheap shelter if I can if not Thats ok.

Subbing. I'd like some shelter ideas too.
default_smile.png
I know there is a thread on this in the "Best of" forum, but more examples would be appreciated.

Here's my mini barn, mid construction (we raised up and converted two calf shelters my husband had built but not used):

mini barn - south side - angle view - sept 2.jpg

And, one shelter under several feet of snow:

winter 2009 - Dakota's shelter.jpg

I'll have to get new pics, my completed barn and non-snowy pics were lost when my computer crashed last year.

The barn is 12x24 with 4 stalls plus 6x8 shelter. The snowed under shelter is 8x12'.

here's 2 of my 6x8 4-sided run in lean-toos.

cost aprox $100-$150 to make each back in 2007.

I like that 2 of my minis can fit in them and they are moveable!!!

100_2824.jpg

100_2825.jpg

100_2826.jpg

100_2828.jpg

100_2830.jpg

This horse shelter cost 2500.00.

In Ontario Canada a 4x8 sheet of plywood is 50.00 and the steel sheet roofing material is also pricey.

I just wanted to add the picture as an example of one, but it sounds like you can do a shelter in the U.S. with a smaller outlay than up here.

[attachment=11453:Horse shelter 004.JPG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I built a portable 8x8' shelter and it cost me about $400-$500 to buy materials for it, maybe more, as its been a couple years since I built it (and I didn't buy all the materials at once). I used plywood, as OSB doesn't hold up outside.

Ok thanks ya were in texas so Its not cold often LOL I just trying to make a shelter for my mares with stalls when they foal just wanted to see some ideas.

Thanks

Nice shelters Mindy.
default_smile.png
Do you have any plans or instructions for how you made those? I live in Georgia, and those look perfect for what I need.

Just used plywood and 2x4's

got broken bundles of shingles at reduced price at home depo and paint them every other year so they keep longer. Next year, I'll be adding a new layer of plywood on the inside to help them from rotting.

They are

4 feet tall in back

6 feet tall in front

8 feet wide

6 feet deep

My horses love them!

I also have a 8x16 with a small loft and did have a divider but took it out. That one was more expencive ($1000) And it too is movable by flatbed truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back