work what do you do

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
I own my own business I have a mobile dog wash just love dogs and me boss well shes just the best LOL thats me....

what do you do or are you lucky enough to stay home and play with your horses

I used to be an English teacher and I used to teach adults in evening classes. It was good fun and it meant that I had all day free to play with my horseys. since I had my second son I have been a housewife so I get to play when the kids are at school

I am a barn distributor for MD & Barnmaster Barns or now known as MDBarnmaster. Otherwise I homeschool my daughter and my husband is an independent sales rep.

I'm a Vet nurse, work at the vet hospital on saturdays and I work at my dad's hardware store doing accounts Receivable (chasing the money) monday to friday... wish I was home enough to play with my horses
default_sad.png

Was thinking of learning to be a groomer whats the good points and bad.

And how long does it take to learn cant be that hard as clipping horses is pretty easy????
I don't think it is as easy as you think bc each breed has it's own cut and usually they vary from show dog to house pet.

I work for a nationally known company on a side of the company most people don't know about
laugh.gif
I don't mention it online ever because it's just bad form and I like my job!

Anyway, late last year it was announced our local office was closing. While many of my coworkers were told they would be laid off as of April 30th of this year, I was asked to consider staying until the end of 2011. I would work from home once the building officially closed. I've been working from home 2 days a week for the last 3-4 years.

I rec'd good news about two week ago that the "end of 2011" is off the table now and I have a job as long as I continue to do it well. It is nice that I have extra time to be with my girls as I set my own hours, but I still must be available/online/working during core business hours. Working from home full-time is a much large adjustment than I anticipated as well. I feel a little "extra pressure" for the privilege being given me to do well and be available as much as possible.

I work at a horse barn that does EAP(equine assisted psychotherapy) work. I also clean a few houses and animal sit. I love my jobs,make my own hours and have been able to take my kids if I needed to.

My husband and I raised Red AngusX cattle (mostly him
default_wink.png
) and I run a small on-line quilting business out of our home (mostly it pays for itself, but not too much extra, yet).

Work for a major drug company, we have brand pharmaceuticals, generics, vaccines, diagnostics, off the shelf products, eye care products, and animal health products. I work in Corporate Quality Assurance, so I get a lot of exposure to the various product types, differing regulations, etc. globally. I work from home when I'm home, but travel (mostly Europe) 30-50% of the time - depending on the season (I try to travel more during non-horse show times over the winter, and less over the summer LOL).

Love my job, sometimes gets really stressful (especially if FDA is getting flack from Congress, then it's nearly unbearable) but wouldn't want to change - I've really got a pretty sweet deal!

I also work for an international pharmaceutical company as a Chemist. I do the testing to make sure the drugs were compounded correctly so that they will work correct when the patients/hospitals administer them. I also handle the "complaints" that come back to our lab - anything that didn't work properly or may have been tampered with, or looks funny or pretty much just anything the hospital/customer is concerned about. Very nice job and I can pretty much have flex scheduling as long as I get my time in for the week.

I am an RN. I have worked for the same hospital for almost 32 years. I worked labor and delivery fir the last 26 years. I am off as of May though on permanent disability because of my MS. I will miss working with the Moms and babies.

Barb

I am the owner / President of a registered investment adviser firm, O'Roark Asset Management. I manage money for a fee and also sell guaranteed investments / annuities and insurance for commission. I've been doing this since 1995 and love what I do. I've held many securities licenses including stock broker ("Series 7") and registered principal (supervisor of other stock brokers -- "Series 24"), but now I focus on money management and guaranteed annuities. I work with primarily high net worth retirees and pre-retirees. I also do A LOT of public speaking which I really enjoy. Ironically, rocky economic times always = more clients and business for me. I have a business website here -- www.smart-money.net and huge office suite in Warrenton, VA (1/2 the 3rd floor):

Jill%20Office.jpg

jill%20card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a travel agent since 1970, and self employed with my own agency since 1997.......the industry has grown but have been bery forutnate to have loyal clients and in some cases going into a 3rd generation of some families. Being slef employed and only on commissions had a learning curve in the beginning but I have gotten

comfortable with it and working from home office can't be beat....allows more time for my minis and just general outside stuff......my bigges fear is having to go back to an office or put on panty hose........hope to make this last until retirement and then play with the minis alot more.

I work as a dj. lol Really different than everyone else, huh? I also run a small horse training and riding lesson business. One other sideline is that I occasionally choreograph numbers for plays, I used to be a dance instructor part-time, but the horse business starting picking up so much, I had to just cut down to doing special projects for them.

I am an animal health tech in a busy mixed animal practice in alberta, canada. I love helping animals and working with so many different animals keeps thinks fresh and new every day!! I love it and also like the fact that I have 6 close friends that are veterinarians and even more that are techs to help with the minis should they need it! It also helps with the vet bills haha

I work part time at Tractor Supply Company for 3 yrs now.

I also am a Mini Equine & goat Farrier and have been doing so since 2004.

Latest posts

Back