Wonderful day driving!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
I just had the loveliest day driving and wanted to tell someone about it! Our pleasure driving club, Tri County, had a fun drive today on a members farm. It was cool, clear and sunny. The trail was a wonderful big wide mown path roaming around the edge of the fields and meandering through the woods. We crossed over a stream in a couple places and drove around a big pond in the woods, past an old log cabin and through a neighbour's farm yard full of goats! I got my old guy, 18 year old Willie Be Good, who has been on glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid for the last few years, out of retirement a couple months ago and have been fitting him to drive again. He was AWESOME!!! We had so much fun over the 3 km course that we went out and did it again!!! We were the only Mini there and we overtook a Hackney/Clydesdale cross at a trot!!! :bgrin He came in after the second go round without breaking a sweat. Several people present were over to have a look at him and made comments about what a great little horse he was and they are now thinking that as they are getting older Minis might be the way to go!!! Wonderful day all around.

Sounds like a great day! Arent minis amazing? I already know the minis are as much horse as I need to drive and have a blast doing it. :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

That sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing it.

I keep a list of miniature horse sellers in my cart tool box, because nearly every time I drive mine in public, someone always wants to know where he can get one.

:aktion033: Lori, I so wanted to go yesterday too but I was committed to a fundraiser for one of my clients in Toronto, ( see Jazz's adventure) I am just going to post about it. I was talking to Sue Nicolas this morning and she told me you were there and that everybody had a great time. :bgrin

Yvonne

Ah-ha, spreading the bug! Good for you.
default_wink.png
: :aktion033: And congratulations on successfully bringing back your older gentleman to do such a good job showcasing the breed.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

I love it when the minis shock the people with big horses with their endurance and speed. I've been the only mini and cart with a local riding club going out to state parks and once everyone is over the fear of what their horse might do because a mini and cart are there they are shocked at what he can do. I've had people offer to buy my driving gelding but that just isn't going to happen. :bgrin

Amanda

That sounds wonderful, Lori! We have such a great place here in western WA called Happ's that sounds similar to what you did. I had my husband clip us some trails today in our tall grass. I am currently between carts, having sold my meadowbrook and now waiting for my Pacific Smart Cart to be finished in June...so I am jonesing for some driving! It is time to break out the long lines and perfect some of our work.

Lucky you, and thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us! :bgrin

:aktion033: Don't you just love driving these guys out on the roads! I take my guys over to Sugar Creek Reserve (across the street from where we board) and we provide a training opportunity for many big horses. I try to go when it is an off time, don't really want anyone hurt. The trails, or even the Bike Path is wooded and is great for them. We show a lot usually, and the break really does them good. I try to do a trail ride at least once a week and then we can concentrate on working hard the rest of the week. I just love these guys, they will do anything you ask them to.

Keep having fun.

Latest posts

Back