Wishful thinking or is this possible?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandi

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is my imagination or wishful thinking perhaps. I have what I thought to be a chocolate colored pinto with blue eyes, but when I was grooming her last night I started to question her "true" color. Her mane, where she is chocolate is a salt and peper color. Then, If I took her hair and pulled it back from the way the hair grows looks silver and just the tips of the hair is the dark chocolate color. So, I am wondering if I were to clip her would I have a silver pinto on my hands? I'm going to have to find her papers now and see what color they have listed for her as a baby.

You probably have a Silver Dapple (Silver Black) or a Silver Bay. They both may look a shade of brown on the ends of the winter hair, but when clipped....will look Silver Dapple.

You very well might. Have you ever seen this horse clipped? Domingos winter coat is a dingy brownish color, but clipped he is silver dapple.

Latest posts

Back