Wisconsin Geldings Are Home !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
Shadow and Stormy are just a perfect pair of gentlemen. Both were purchased at the same time, ten years ago. Ohhh, what a joy they are..... never seen a mean hand, so very trusting.

As we were leaving Larry Fell's driveway, the big bear of a man was choked up with tears. It's times like these that make the world seem unfair (new neighbors have been tossing rat poison in their pasture. Larry and his wife dearly love Shadow and Stormy like two small children. Their coats are shining bright, hooves nicely trimmed, etc.

Stormy, the taller of the two, is a wonderfully mischievious character. He's green broke to drive and, according to Larry, really enjoyed it.

Shadow (bred by Carol Zills) is about 33 inches and a gentle, loving soul -- enjoys affection. He's a perfect candidate for nursing home visits, and I'd like to learn how to show in halter with this sweet guy.

The two boys have their own, 3-acre pasture ..... they look like miniature Friesians on the snowy, rolling hill. They're still checking out their boundaries of the pasture, as well as barn access area (12x12 matted stall) with 12'ft wide aisle leading to it. Basically, they have 24 hour access to barn and pasture.

Sure hope they'll settle in nicely -- and their obvious emotional pain/confusion of missing Mr. and Mrs. Fell will subside in time. They're good people.

I'll post photos of the two characters tomorrow.

Cindy

I had read their story on here, I'm so glad you've got them. They sound really sweet.

Can't wait to see pics of your new boys!
default_wub.png

I also remember reading about them. Glad to hear they are going to such a wonderful home. I am sure the the Fell family is heartbroke and happy at the same time. Do you live close? Maybe they can come visit, would help with the emotional part.

Neighbors.... can't live 'em, can't live without 'em!!!

Pix- Pix- Pix

That is so sad for the prev owners, I cant stand to see a man cry!! I know they will be happy with you and maybe the prev owners can visit!

Latest posts

Back