Wireless Cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittnblue

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Today I purchased a 2.4 mhz wireless camera. It is good for 300 ft. (open air). I am well within the distance, my problem is that my barn is actually a old converted refer. trailer, therefore, it is metal. My next possible cause for interference is the powerline that we live right beside. We got the camera working, somewhat. I was wondering if there is some sort of mhz booster thing that would kick it up a bit for better signal. Anyone heard of such a thing??

Thanks,

Monica

We are only 66 feet from my barn and the wireless camera wouldn't work because of the aluminum siding on the house. So the trailer may be your problem if it has aluminum. Wired cameras give you the best reception all the way around. JMO.

I have the LeapFrog system, and from our back of the house which has aluminum siding on it to the barn is about 65 feet. My cameras are wirelsss, color and have sound..they come in crystal clear and I have had them up and going for about 4 years now, never have had a drop of trouble.Mine go thru the barn wall which is concrete, thru the exterior house wall, and thru one interior bedroom wall to the TV its hooked into. I prefer the wireless over the wire. BUT--I do think you are going to get what you pay for. I have seen alot of wireless cameras selling in the $50-100. price range, and no one I know that has bought one of these likes them, and they dont come in good at all. Corinne

We have wireless 2.4 from radio shack and it comes in crystal clear also have another from Wal Mart of all places and it too works great and we are over 100 ft from our barn. Have never paid over $100 for any of the cameras.In fact the cameras put a signal to both my daughters house and ours but we dont have the aluminum siding. We have wood and daughter has vinyl. The only time we have any problem is when the microwave is operating. I think you should be able to go where you got the camera and ask about some kind of booster or filter that would help with the siding issue,

Latest posts

Back