winter blanket

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloydyne

Reaction score
I need suggestions on a good waterproof winter blanket. When I sold my last mini I sent his blanket with him. It was a good blanket but I don't remember the brand or where I got it. Most important I need waterproof ( I live in the NorthWest ) but I might even want a name embroidered on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it water proof don't have it embroidered where the rain will leak in. Embroidery puts holes in the fabric and allows water to seep in.

star lake tack makes a winter blanket with velcro tummy straps ...I LOVE IT ! however , if you dont clip them in winter you dont need a blanket , it will only make them colder . invest in a shelter from the rain or snow and they will be fine .... just add extra hay at night . I use the waterproof winter blankets for the cool spring season after I have clipped only : ) I really love this blanket ...so much that i need to order more now , just thinking about it ...have the name put on via "Iron on " it wont last as long but it will serve its purpose .... you can also hand wash the blanket .I also like it because there are NO metal parts to it ...this helps me not worry !

IMG_5799.JPG

I like the Kensington waterproof blanket, except sometimes the leg straps are too short. It's still my favorite though

I have the Kensingtons and love them. The leg straps are generally too short but I just take those off--the blankets stay in place fine without them.

Latest posts

Back