Wind power for my barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Some of you may remember in Aug when I wrote that I had ordered a small wind mill to generate power to run the lights in my barn.

Well 3 months later no wind mill. I keep being told that its going to be in the mail tomorrow. Well tomorrow never comes.

I want all of you to know about this scam so you don't fall like I did. Loosing almost $500 is making me crazy.

The web site is Freetricity.com

I payed with pay pal but didn't give up on this guy fast enough I kept thinking he would send my mill untill 48 days had passed pay pal will do nothing after 45 days.

Live and learn. But I will keep calling and sending e-mails untill Carl will wish me gone.

I would love to flood his e-mail box. Maybe I need to go to yahoo and create myself a few dozen addresses as he will not respond to my e-mails or phone calls.

What do you think???

Jan

So sorry to hear this has happened. :new_shocked: $500.00 is alot to loose close to Christmas.

But ask the monitors if you can post his email and maybe as a forum family can just email him something like this:

To Whom it may concern:

Send:

Jan Bryant from Carthage, AR her money or windmill.

(Maybe we can help? See what others think?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because I am that kind of mood tonight I went to the site and sent them an email. I told them I had considered ordering their windmill until I had heard on line that a some one in Arkansas has not recieved theirs. That I could not do business with a company that did not return phone calls or emails.

:aktion033: :aktion033: I just got an e-mail from Carl at freetricity that he was refunding my money. He "has been in the shop the last few days miking MY wind mill" and thinks it best that we just part ways.

I dont know what got to him the fact that I called the answering service and told them that I had had his pay-pal turned over to the fraud (sp?) department or that I was had been given the internet fraud FBI web site.

Or your e-mail letting him know that I am telling on him. But my money is back in pay pal.

Merry Christmas.
default_yes.gif
:

Now I can pay off the CC I ran up at nationals.

Thanks all of you for letting my cry. and sending that e-mail

I am still looking for a wind mill just not with him.

Jan

Great News what are friends for.

Hope we did help but who cares you got your money honey. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

That's too bad.

I've always been interested in devices for independent living. Solar, wind power, water power, hydroponics, etc. I think as a nation we are too dependent on companies to keep us going.

Back in the early to mid 1900s it was common for farms to generate their own electricity either by windmill or engine / generator. They would charge batteries and then run their houses all on low voltage. I like old antique radios and quite a few were farm sets that worked off of batteries.

Solar panels are extremely expensive and for most people they are not cost effective. It's cheaper to conserve.

I'd love to get a windgen but there isn't much wind here either. Seems like you could build one using an automotive alternator if you were handy with projects like that.

Daryl

I think we could run this whole house ona windmill or two... we have wind here pretty much everyday, 24/7 during the winter, and most days after 4-6pm in the summer. STRONG wind, too

Congrats on getting your money back!

:aktion033: I am so glad he refunded your money. If he was just now making it how on earth could he have had it "be in the mail tomorrow"
default_wacko.png
:

I'm really glad you got your money back!! I am disappointed that I didn't get to send him an email though!! I was looking forward to that!!
default_wacko.png
:

:aktion033: I am so glad he refunded your money. If he was just now making it how on earth could he have had it "be in the mail tomorrow"
default_wacko.png
:
Yeah really! :stupid: Does he really think he is believable?
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Glad you got a refund.

I am so glad you got a refund! i was going to send an email too but it is better you got it back this soon! :bgrin

jennifer :saludando:

Good to hear, I was going to recommend suing him, its relatively cheap and you dont pay the costs if you win

Happy you got your $'sss back :aktion033:

I was going to email him as well!

Hey, this is great networking
default_yes.gif
:

If I ever have a problem like this, I certinally know who to ask for help :lol:

Well got this email from the company this morning.

On Mon Oct 30 17:25 , 'Mary sent:

To Whom it may concern:

Send Jan Bryant, from Carthage AR her windmill or

return her money ASAP.

Not good business.

Mary from Ontario Canada

[email protected]

----- Original Message -----

To: "'Mary

Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:31 AM

Subject: Re: Problem with your business

Are you people on crack?

She received her money back!!

Just love how they do business.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well got this email from the company this morning.

[email protected]

Are you people on crack?

She received her money back!!

Boy what a nice reply for a business
default_wacko.png
:
How Horribly RUDE !!

*can't imagine what they would have said if I had emailed :lol: :eek:

Good job...whoever did...it worked :aktion033:

They have no clue how much business they lost LOL 'Cause if she would have gotten it and loved it perhaps more sales would have generated just from her post - poor saps
default_rolleyes.gif
:

How rude!!!! :eek:

I would send him a thank you for his "wonderful" customer service, and tell him that I would be sure to share the experience with everyone I know!!!

Latest posts

Back