will this weird blue eye darken

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Not a blue eyed or anything pink fan here and don't know where this filly got one from as both her parents are bays just one is darker then the other l know nothing of the grandparents on either side though...l am hoping this one eye of her's will still turn brown like the other one but it's going on 5 weeks now do you suppose it will stay like this or still might change color???

2009dreamseye.jpg

2009dreamon.jpg

That will DEFINITELY stay blue. Eyes that darken to brown are usually more blue-gray, darker gray.

Andrea

Who cares what colour her eyes are?! She's beautiful and healthy
default_wub.png

That's definitely a blue eye. Since you don't like it, just feel free to send her on down here to me and I'll put up with it.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
........she's a cutie.

That's the color blue eye (or is that a partial blue eye?) that stays blue. To my eyes, there's not much that is a prettier color combination than a bay and white like her with blue eyes!!! SO pretty!!!

Oh yes, dreadful. If you ship her down to me I will hide her for you.
default_wink.png

I LOVE the eye color, but if she were mine, I would have her checked for LWO. That is, unless you know for sure that neither parent is LWO+.

I have to agree, I think your partial blue is here to stay! It is beautiful! I have a black and white big horse that has one fully blue eye and the other is a partial blue eye. I love blue eyes!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

It will stay and I LOVE it! What a beatuful baby you got! Very nice.
default_wub.png

Oh that's just awful...... I think you need to send her here instead!

default_saludando.gif

I have to agree with everyone... a blue eye just adds to perfection.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Regards

WJS

Yeah, that'll stay. I love blue eyes as long as they have a dark lid (pink eyelids creep me out for some reason)

I even have my APHA gelding's eye as my display picture on here.
default_wub.png

She is perfect though. ;) With or without a blue eye.

I am also not a blue eye fan BUT I like partial Blue eyes, I think its pretty!
default_smile.png

I think she is a beauty with her blue eyes... Forget about it, at least you have a healthy filly. I just don't understand why you would fuss about it.....

Anyways, beautiful filly!

l have nothing against the filly she's very sweet and suppose l can put up with her eye as long as l'm on her other side with the beautiful brown one or with summer coming she could always wear a fly mask l suppose
default_laugh.png
... was just wondering if the blue would disappear with time like some others do that's all...

I must say, I hate the really light blue eyes, but I am ok (still not my favorite) with the dark blue like she has. My Welsh filly's dam had a partial bllue eye, it was brown with streaks of bright blue running though it. It was gorgeous!!! She won me over the the partial blues. I think your baby's eye is very pretty!

Latest posts

Back