wild horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baybrianna

Reaction score
WILD HORSES BY BRIANNA CERULLO

Wild horses are beautiful creatures who need to be saved. The states are penning them up and giving them birth control shots. This is wrong they need to stay wild. I don't want to see them disappear and neither do you. If they disappear we wont have their beauty in the wild. They are what started horse back riding and what the Indians loved. If they disappear we wont have the same America it will have changed. All the colors out there all the horses that are out there are ancestors of the wild horses. All the wild horses that are in pens in the USA are wild and should stay wild. I love to go to kahneeta so I can see the wild horses see the wild horses and their babys but they are disappearing so now I never see them going to kahneeta. I love wild horses and I don't want to see them gone. In the movie flicka flicka is a black wild mare but Katie has hope in training her to be a riding horse. If you love America save these horses do something to stop the roundup and the cattle ranchers from putting fence up to keep them away from water. I don't want these horses to vanish. All of the colors paints,pintos,palimoinos,blacks,dapples,roans,appys, carmellos, and chestnuts all are out there and all those colors make up the herds and the wild horses. Those of you who own horses look at them and think of them in the wild and getting run into pens and getting shots think of that please and then think of the real wild horses wild horses having that happen to them and then put in trailers. Do you want America to end up like that with no wild horses to run in the wild. I want them to stay around and so do you. Help save these magnificent animals please! This was their land before it was ours and they ate from this ground before us so save them please. Do you love America? Do you love horses? Do you love nature? If you do you will save these magnificent animals. In natashas song wild horses she wants to be one. Think of life as a wild horse think of them think of life before us with the Indians and the wild horses. Think of where you step a wild horse probably stepped there years ago. I think everyday of the wild horses because they are the founders of America and have lived here for years and now we are stopping them from being wild.they have gone down in numbers and drink our water and eat our grass but you still have to love them. if it werent for wild horses we wouldnt be around the indians used them for mounts and at times food and the skin for clothing. when i used to have to write paragraphs for my tests it was always about wild horses and how the herds get along. they helped us survive its our turn to help them. they are being penned up and at times killed. farmers arre putting fences around water supplys and at times the horses arent able to have any water. these horses need to be saved and we will save them. i would not live without wild horses on the earth.

Although there are no easy answers, they are overpopulated in some areas and that greatly affects their quality of life. The penning/killing/birth control are attempts to REDUCE the amount of mustangs, not wipe them out completely.

Although you only look at the romanticized side of mustangs, you should keep on investigating all sides.

Andrea

andrea i am 13 and this is something i say and this is a thing i wrote and i stand by. this paper took me 2 days to write and i just updated it

Brianna you are adorable and I love your heart.

The hard fact is that now the mortality rate of the wild mustangs is only 7 years old I am told.

To leave them wild to starve and keep on multiplying I think is wrong as well as keeping them in pens. I don't like either of it.

This is my friend Chase Dodd. I taught his wife to ride when she was nothing more than a little kid herself. They bid on the wild mustangs and are given 90 days to train them and compete in Texas with them at a Mustang Event. This is one of their wild mustang horses that lives the life of luxury at their farm and wants for nothing and is treated like royalty.

I am very proud to call this family friends of mine.

Thank you for your answer, Marty....

Mom and Dad can't.

There is so much romanticizim involved with these "wild mustangs", when in fact, there are no REAL and true horses that originally BELONGED here in North America. These feral horses are very simply horses that got loose, didn't get caught, and went on to procreate willy-nilly across the west.

It is nice to think of us all living in harmony, all is well...but the HARSH REALITY of it all, is that as Marty says, they are over-populated, and many of these horses are starving to death. NOT very romantic, that...when you THINK about it.
default_no.gif

I think that sterilization is certainly preferable to death by starvation or necessary euthanization...I am sure, were they able to talk, they too would agree.

Brianna your passion and love for horses comes thru loud and clear. I have a 13 year old vegatarian daughter who shares the same love for horses and doesnt want any animal to go thru pain that we caused.

All of that said I can only say to you the same thing I say to her. Flicka is a wonderful movie and there are some mustangs out there who do end up in wonderful homes, trained and loved and cared for.

Sadly just as many die a not so pleasant death each year due to starvation as their resources are just not there any more.

I do not believe wiping them out is the answer nor what people want to do but I personally believe that birth control and some adoption to help ease the population is necessary.

That might not be the only answer and perhaps in years to come kids like you will be able to come up with better and more innovative ideas to ensure the history and heritage stays with us and that the horses are able to live in a area with feed available to them.

None of that will happen without the next generation like yourself caring and wanting to make a difference

thx lisa and i agree. they do need help cutting down numbers but some of the methods running them off cliffs,fencing them away from water and just penning them up with them not going to good homes. my mom and you agree lol. i think i posted this cause i wanted to show my love for horses and i felt i needed to share it. i was going to be joining a drill team that had a mustang from the wild that had only been in captvity for a year and was already loving.

Back