Wide Blaze and no other white

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slaneyrose

Reaction score
Hi, Someone recently told me that white face marks, such as a blaze, without leg white or white anywhere else is rare in miniature horses, is this true??? what have you seen????

Hmmm...I dunno, but I have a bay gelding and the only white on him is on his face (a star & broken strip).

I'm not sure if it's rare. I have a small bright bay mare w/ blue eyes and the only white on her is a big blaze (see).

SMIDGEN%20--%2006262005%20--%201.jpg

I must be lucky, I have a stallion with a blaze,another with a snip, a gelding with a snip, two chestnut (sold one), one sabino mare with blazes, two fillies with wide blazes, a stallion and a gelding with a star, and a mare with a star. None have white on their legs.

I'm not sure if it is rare either, but i have a little stallion that has a blaze and no other white.

and no blue eyes.

phoenix.jpg

I THINK WHATS RARE IS SEEING A HORSE WITH A BLAZE AND FOUR WHITE SOCKS,LIKE BIG HORSES,

[SIZE=14pt]I have two here, one with two blue eyes and one with one brown and one blue. Sillouette and Shirley. I dont think that is so rare.[/SIZE]

Lyn

vvf I have a little yearling that looks like he will be exactly like your little guy!!! Its like looking into the future!! :lol:

I don't know how rare it is either, my yearling gelding that was born here on the farm is solid black with a wide blaze and 2 blue eyes. He is pictured below.

midnightsales.jpg

His mother looks exactly like him. He is out of overo stock.

I have a two year old filly with with a wide blaze and no other white markings. She does have two blue eyes.

First pictured as a weanling.

blue.jpg

Picture here as a yearling.

blue05site.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a black bay stallion with just a blaze, and a teeny tiny belly spot the size of a nickle..

ace3.jpg

I also have a coming two year old filly with a blaze and 3 socks.. no other white you cant see her socks in her baby photos i am working on getting her new photos up online

I THINK WHATS RARE IS SEEING A HORSE WITH A BLAZE AND FOUR WHITE SOCKS,LIKE BIG HORSES,

I agree with Shane!! Try finding a mini with four high whites and a blaze. I lokked long and hard for a mare with blaze and high whites, but have given up. I do have several with a blaze. Nickers is black with a blaze. She is a very pretty mare but wow ~ imaagine her with socks.

Independence 30" mini) has a big blaze and one tiny sock - funny when she is next to Finisterre in the pasture (Clyde x Paint PMU filly) - Finisterre has the wide blaze and stockings and belly white. Kind of like a beanie baby and a pillow pal - popular toys from some years back. :bgrin

Both "girls" know how to "smile", too!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back