Who's your Daddy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
You all might remember my post of my tiny little filly born to my29" Black Splash Overo and My 26" Chestnut Tovero that was born Bay...I had them color tested so knew this was impossible..I called the color lab Animal Genetics..they retested...still no agouti (bay). Rolf was so wonderful and had me send baby's hair and more hair from each parent..still no bay on the stallions or mare..but the baby had one dominant copy..Retested all the other stallions because I had no stallions with bay....still no bay ...Sooooo as I said some funny stuff from my dead husband..She was born on Good Friday and he had died on Easter Eve..He would think this was great fun as he was the one that sent No Way Jose the horse born right after he died. His name was No Way Jose because he was born to our loud mare Party Favor and our even louder stallion Ready to Rumble..and he came out a solid bay with one blue eye..He was beautiful but just No Way Jose should that horse come from those two. We knew Chris would think that was hilarious. And have you guessed it yet..yes the Daddy is No Way Jose who we had gelded last May and sold in September but he evidently had in deed gotten out with Go Boy when he was put next to Go Boy in the field adjacent to the mare but was 2 at the time and just gelded & never even entered our mind and since he was sold and gelded he had not been color tested and wasn't on our color list...He was beautiful and was gelded for my Grandson.. I planned to have him trained to drive..however he just stayed to small and went to a wonderful home to be paired with another gelding.

He was PQ'd and DNA'd so now it is just a change in paperwork..And I have a gorgeous little bay splash overo named Zachary Farms No Way Nevermore..Nevermore is a little beauty and will do her Daddy proud..Here's pics of her Daddy..

Jose1.JPG

Josehead.JPG

This is Nevermore but not a new one..I need to post a new one.

Ladyfoal2.JPG
default_blush.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my GOSH that is hilarious!!! I think you should have named him "Zachary Farms' No Way He's Your Daddy"

LOL

No Way Jose is such a pretty boy, and to come from two very loud parents with just one blue eye....jeepers! But how neat, at least you have a great memory tied to this little bay surprise =) Congratulations!

Aaah...JUDY!!!! Just goes to show it can happen to the best of us :lol:

Oh my gosh, what a funny story!!! Who woulda thunk it!! :lol:

O Judy thats too funnnnnyyy!!! I would have named her "Never Say Never" LOL Conrats to Jose too..gelding couldn't stop him
default_wacko.png
:

What is really neat about Jose being a daddy is the people that own him...they are ecstatic an are coming tomorrow to meet Nevermore..They are really special people and love Jose and Jose's companion Caesar to death. They have happy hour every evening and the horses come up to their deck and have "happy hour" also with their carrots and apples..I think they are passing out cigars for Jose up in Gatlinburg to all the tourists.. :bgrin That's where they live and work.

What a great story, Judy! Your husband must have had a wonderful sense of humor.

Beautiful baby!

OK.... I have a question. I have a mare in foal. She was briefly pastured with my Boogerman son. I didn't see any action, but you know how that goes. I waited the appropriate amount of time...then she came into heat strongly( after her colt was weaned and sold, and I decided I wanted to breed her to my more mature stallion. She was bred one day, went out of heat. Soooo. She is in foal.

My question is.... what do I do? Do I guess that the second stallion is the Daddy? Do I register the baby, then parent qualify? I own both stallions and they are both DNA'D.

Thanks!

Hey,

Just wondering why you didn't contact Rolf and explain what happened. He's been trying to figure out what might have happened and has spent a lot of time on this. Please call him and explain what happened.
default_unsure.png
:

Thanks

Arne

I emailed and also called back and left a message that I was waiting on the PQ DNA results from UC Davis. Sorry if Rolf didn't get the message. He was wonderful and I had posted how great you all had been. I will call him again tomorrow.

Judy

Latest posts

Back