Who would you choose to buy your horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I got my wish, Duckie leaves in one week to go to her new home. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect home or more fabulous new owners, than The Whitemans for The Duck. Doesn't hurt that I get to visit her.

If you could choose anyone who would that someone be?

ANYONE as long as they provide a loving home where my horse would be treated as if it was still in my backyard.

ANYONE as long as they provide a loving home where my horse would be treated as if it was still in my backyard.
default_pray.gif
Amen to that!

I have sold quit a few babies, and just wish we did know they are being looked after well.

Most never keep in touch, or do not keep their paper work up.

We never really know unless as you say you can go see them.

If I could clone myself and sell a horse to me, I think I would be content (but I have been very happy with the homes I have placed my animals in). With that said, I have always thought that forum members Parmela, Matt, and Nathan were exemplary owners and have a deffinate love for and knowledge of their animals.

I would have to say if I had to sell and could choose anyone (outside of family) I would want Watcheyes (Kaitlyn)

samnopjpg.jpg

Leia (hobbyhorse23)..with the caveat that you CAN'T cut my tail lol, Andrea (disneyhorse), or Stacy (Mountain Meadows)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of a couple people...but my favorite choice would be the responsible, caring and loving family of I AM Ranch in Waddell Arizona!

I have a special gelding named Nitro that in a perfect world, would live with Lori Rafter. This horse has an unbelievable amount of talent and I adore him, but I do know that Lori has the ability to work with any horse. Nitro is such a sweet horse, but does require additional therapeutic health measures to keep him at his peak, and I feel someone like Lori is able to provide that without question.

For an average horse, I would simply want a loving, knowledgeable home where my horse would be well cared for and have a "job".

I would not like to see my horse "flipped" into a new home, and would want a buy-back contract usually, as I dearly love all my minis! It is extremely hard to part with them! It would bother me if they ended up in a sad or dangerous situation. Something like Champ
default_no.gif

We have been very fortunate to find great owners for our horses we have sold and are also fortunate enough that the new owners keep in touch by e mail and let us know how they are doing and their accomplishments out of 16 we sold the past few years all but 1 owner keeps in touch. although I can't help but keep up my end of the communications and e mailing them to see how they are.Of course if we sold a larger number i'm sure there would be some who you just loose contact with

It's too hard to let your babies being foals or mature horses go without keeping in touch. But you can enjoy them more through their new owners sometimes, then if you kept them yourself spreading your attention too thin with to many horses.

We are careful to feel comfortable as possible when finding a buyer

First I would have to say my sister. She would love them and spoil them rotten. Secondly the people I bought my mini's from were all very loving and caring people.
default_biggrin.png

Mominis said:
Leia (hobbyhorse23)..with the caveat that you CAN'T cut my tail lol, Andrea (disneyhorse), or Stacy (Mountain Meadows)
I promise not to cut off your tail. Now SHAKE'S, on the other hand...
default_laugh.png
Seriously, thank you. I've been extremely honored that several people have contacted me in the last few years asking if I would take their special horses and only wish that I was in a position to have done so.

The horses I do end up with are so special to me it breaks my heart to think of parting with them. I would have allowed my beloved Spyderman to retire with an old friend of ours, Debbie Moss, or with another friend who had known him when he was younger and loved him almost as much as I did, but I wanted him here where I could continue to enjoy him and I honestly don't think he would have been as happy anywhere else. He'd just had too hard a life and switched owners too many times.

Kody is a handful and it takes a very special person to enjoy his "attitude." I think maybe MiLo would get along with him as she has one of her own like that, and my driving trainer enjoys him although I don't think she'd be able to put enough time into his rehab to keep him driving. I can't think of too many other people who'd be a good match with him! Bob Graham and Kody have a mutual admiration thing going on but Bob doesn't drive and for Kody that's a deal-breaker.
default_rolleyes.gif
He likes Deb Harper up in Canada.

Turbo is a bit easier as he gets along with everyone. I think Mimi (Mominis) would do very well with him, MinihGal or Rhinestone could both bring him up to his driving potential, and he would love to have a little girl of his very own someday. I think he's destined to be my daughter's horse if I ever have one!

The very best home in the world and the one I would have trusted with every one of my horses is Liz McMaster down in Oregon. She just has that special touch with trouble-makers and sweethearts alike and they all blossom for her.

Leia

I'm still working on this one...my horses are all young and will most likely outlive me, so this is an issue of profound importance to me.

Sadly, someone who agrees at this time could have a change in circumstances (or simply a change of mind) by the time they are needed.

It's especially difficult knowing that not all people are as committed as we are to providing lifelong homes to our furkids. I know it's not realistic to expect that from others, but it's the only way I could part with them in good conscience. This is a primary reason why I will never breed Scarlet.

Worst of all is thinking of Thelonius being separated from Mingus. He so adores his "big brother" and loves nothing more than leaning against him, muzzles touching, safe from all the bad things that happened to him in his past. He can handle short separations, but just the thought of Thelonius without Mingus breaks my heart.

...and so my search for godparents continues...

Erica Killion! Over the years, she and I have shared a couple of horses (Sunny and Destiny). You can't ask for a more knowledgeable, responsible, considerate and kind person to have looking over a horse.

We have been fortunate to find both new owners and old pros that wanted our horses and were prepared to give them everything they needed to make them happy.

I just LOVE it when people stay in touch.

It is always hard to see your horses go, especially one that you have fallen in love with. But so rewarding when they go to someone that loves them and cares for them.

While I have made arrangements for my horses if/when something happens to me if you are asking us to pick a forum member in a fun game of if money were not an object and anyone on the forum could afford to take on another herd a lets pretend kinda game..

MARTY --- I know some of my horses get grumpy with grooming and would not be pleased with scrunchies.. but they would be more then comfortable with every little need and whim met - now that is worth a scrunchie right
default_laugh.png

But that said back to reality....the one for sure is my mare Dancer will go to Rolene Lundy when I got diagnosed with my illness that was one of the first things I made sure of. Transfers are available for all my horses and my family has a list of who would stay with Raven and who would go elsewhere and where that elsewhere would be.

Already happened, Adair (shorthorsemom) leased and now co-owns my boy Chips, previous herd sire. I hated to part with him, but I couldn't have envisioned a better home for him to be pampered & loved! She figured out right away how special he was, and it wasn't long before she was begging to own him, LOL!
default_biggrin.png
Adair & I became fast friends, and he is only a little under an hour away, so I get to visit a few times a year.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back