Who went to the Memorial Day sale?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveMiniatureshorses

Reaction score
These were the horses that I would have wanted:

Wittmacks Holly Star

Fallen Ash Farms Ladds Silouhette

De Chevals Velvet Noir

Little Kings Buckeroo Rebelation

Reeces Thunder Love

It looks like alot of horses didn't sell at the sale. That's a shame... Such poor prices as well....

Alyssa

I watched it on the computer. A very few horses went from $2000 to over $4000, there were a lot of NS and it was hard to even give some nice colts away. The pintos seem to sell the best, especially if they were B&W. There were some very good boys and I certainly don't blame the sellers for the NS as prices were low for the quality. There was some good bargains on tack too.

I watched online and was very happy to get the two I wanted! Abrias DB Paibted Design her maternal granddam is my dels cowboy daughter and her sire is a buckeeoo son. And PRF destination Dubai. I have her dam and her sire is a son of my favorite mini double destiny. Can't wait till they are here!

Oh my - we had a very difficult time on dial-up and relied soley on the Announcer in the Chat Box (and they did an awesome job too!). We had a frozen video screen most of the time and when it did play - it was probably 3 or 4 horses behind.

We bid on quite a few - but the truck hauling them back was somewhat limited so made sure I left room for those we really wanted. And even then a few we wanted we had to let the higher bidder have in anticipation for some later in the sale. Seems we always pick ones in the end of the sale order so have to watch what we buy up until they hit the stage. LOL

We realized through the chat session that we were bidding against CheyAut on her Dubai and Painted Design - LOL - Congratulations CheyAut - hubby pulled me back! ha ha You got two great horses there!

There were two others that we bid on that still today we're kicking ourselves for not going alittle higher considering the way the sale was going - but I didn't want to have to drive 10 hours to Ohio for the ones that wouldn't fit on the truck I had reserved. LOL

So - We ended up with three (if you know anything about us - you know we're all about Buckeroo):

Lot 23: Double Diamonds Buck the Wind - an 08 Buckeroo granddaughter - both parents Top 10 winners (we weren't in the market for young horses but with bidding going as it was - we jumped in on this one quick).

Lot 34: Country Lanes Buck Forever More - an 07 Double Buckeroo granddaughter. We basically stole her - hope I'm not disappointed when I see her to realize why the bidding wasn't happening on her! guess that's the chance you take at auctions - especially via an internet. If our luck continues as it has - we'll realize it was simply a good deal. Once I see her I will determine whether she'll be bred to our Buckeroo son or our BTU son.

Lot 65: Last horse in the sale and my daughter-in-law made it clear weeks ago we just had to have this one - so among others we bid on - we were waiting on this one and dropped out of bidding on some previous. De Chevals Velvet Noir ... oh my - - She's the daughter of the most winningest (is that a word really?) mare in AMHA history - Grosshills Velvet & Lace, She's a LazyNLittleman and Rhotens Little Dandy granddaughter - - but more importantly she is (was) bred to Little Kings A Billion Bucks - a Buckeroo son. So I know you never buy a mare based soley on who she is bred to - but the price on her was right and imagine our surpirse when we were notiified that same night that she FOALED A GORGEOUS LONG NECK BLACK FILLY - YES A FILLY !! Once I see Velvet Noir, I'll determine whether to breed her to our Buckeroo son or BTU son.

For those of you in the chat room during bidding - - my daughter-in-law was at the keyboard so her "whoo hoo" was simply her pure excitement. LOL

We'll be driving to Reece's on Thursday to pick up the horses and see the beautiful new little baby - that was a long trailer ride for a foal less than 24 hours old (from Ohio to Delaware) so we're giving her few days in between before getting on another trailer.

Congratulations to everyone on their purchases - Another great sale put on by Toni Reece - and I too am glad to see some that No Saled - no one is in this business to give horses away. The market is what it is - but good horses will stand the test of time until the prices come back around and those of great quality will not be given away. We were shocked as most of you on how low some actually went for but I know from previous sales that some folks that consign - don't necessarily put a reserve and are devasted to learn how low their horse sold for. They too might have no saled at those low prices. Even in this market, we are still selling horses off the farm- and even have deposits from England on two foals so we're pretty excited given the current economy.

It was fun talking with everyone in the chat during the auction, and yes, HUGE thanks to the announcers for helping keep us UTD with the delay in the feed
default_smile.png
Do you know if CJsomething ended up calling and gettin Hannah Montana? I've been wondering everyday!

default_laugh.png
It was great watching and picked up two very nice small pinto mares for my breeding program. One is bred for 2010 and the other has a foal at side
default_wub.png
I am sooo excited and DD will be delivering in a week or so
default_rolleyes.gif

Hannah Montanna was a no sale unless she sold later. First B horse I have ever really liked, if I had been buying, I would have gone for her.

Hannah Montanna was a no sale unless she sold later. First B horse I have ever really liked, if I had been buying, I would have gone for her.

I know, in chat she was wanting to call and buy her after she was run through, but was waiting on her husband to get home, so I'm curious if she got to or not. She sure is a beautiful mare!

KSB Undisputed Southern Breeze made it home to the farm yesterday, a huge thanks to our friends at Pine Ridge Farm for bringing her back to Michigan. She is a gorgeous tiny black and white pinto yearling daughter of Grosshill's EK Creation with a cute as pie personality.

Dr. Linda K. Fung & Dr. Kathleen Zahs

Blackwater Farms, USA & La Prairie de la Sommerau, FRANCE

Home of:

Multi BIS/BISS/HIT/MACH Champion Belgian Tervuren

World & National Grand Champion American Miniature Horses & American Shetland Ponies

www.showdogsonline.com/blackwater/

Latest posts

Back