who stole the spots?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlh

Reaction score
well, both of our young stallions are now daddies. One is a medicine hat, the other a pintoloosa.

so far, we just had a solid bay colt born to the medicine hat about two hours ago. at least he had a white spot on the top of his tail. the pintoloosa is the daddy of our solid bay filly who was born about ten days ago out of a mare with appy characteristics. we also lost a foal by the pintoloosa over the weekend, it was a solid bay as well. that momma is just home from the vet hospital and is still recovering. I'm not sure if we'll last the rest of the season, but I think I'm blaming the loss of the spots here on the weird weather from global warming.

oh, and remember my claim that more of our foals are born between 9 & 10 on Tuesdays?

9:45, Tuesday, March 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, interesting. I don't know much about colour genetics but it sounds as if someone did steal your spots!

And that's also interesting regarding your theory on Tuesday births! Seems as if it's valid.
default_yes.gif
:

Post photos of those babies too please!

You had spots last year!!! Congrats on the new baby!!! Hope the mare just home from the hospital is doing ok.

Shelley<><

actually, that was year before last - can you believe Opal is two?

this fella is Opal's little brother, btw

Fierro is doing better, but DH is down again, he pulled a muscle in his back at work just before quitting time yesterday, all he could do was wake up and hold the flashlight for me, he couldn't carry anything or even bend over. He spent the day at the doctor's office, and will be off work til the first of the week. Not sure what that means as far as Friday evening, as I'm now way behind at work, and got about 5 hours of sleep all together last night. Teri is getting close, too. as you can see in the background in this picture.

IMG_0081.JPG

Congratulations on your new little one!! :aktion033: I hope David gets to feeling better.

Congrats on the new foal. You never know what you are going to get. You are right, it has to be the weather. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back