Who love's Irises? I do!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and that is a few for ya'll to see
default_smile.png

have way more but it would take forever to post them all.

lol!

100_5402.jpg

100_5403.jpg

100_5404.jpg

100_5405.jpg

100_5407.jpg

100_5408.jpg

100_5410.jpg

100_5411.jpg

100_5412.jpg

100_5414.jpg

100_5419.jpg

100_5416.jpg

100_5418.jpg

Oh I am drooling over your Iris. Love them all! I just had to replant some the dog dug up, so moved up to the front of the house flower bed, so perhaps next year they stand a fighting chance.

I was so happy my Edith Wolford Iris bloomed this year....such a pretty yellow and blue color....very happy color combo. I have some of the Batik ones too, but some grass got in the flower bed & I think choked two of them out.

Thanks for sharing your pictures all....love to live through others gardens. I have never tried Peonies but they are pretty.

I the only "new" thing I did this year was to try the "flower tower" that Home Depot was advertising.....so come on Petunias.....they need to fill in the towers now.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, chiming in to let ya all know (& riverrose) I took some pics and will try and post tonight! My beds or rows were redone last fall so not to many bloomed (about 100 or so) so not a lot this yr, but took some pics and trying to figure out how to post again since jpeg was wipped off my computer by hubby. I also piced up about 300 more colors yesterday so thats more to go in the ground this week LOL...

Ill post tonight!

(also have a pic of thornbird too for folks! One of my favs!

Keep the pics coming!!! I seen one posted I dont have on here!!!
Mindylee, You have Crazy, Awesome Irises!!!! How beautiful!!!!! I look at those pictures of your HUGE rows and imagine all the beautiful blooms in a few years.

Which one is Thornbird????

Oh I am drooling over your Iris. Love them all! I just had to replant some the dog dug up, so moved up to the front of the house flower bed, so perhaps next year they stand a fighting chance.

I was so happy my Edith Wolford Iris bloomed this year....such a pretty yellow and blue color....very happy color combo. I have some of the Batik ones too, but some grass got in the flower bed & I think choked two of them out.

Thanks for sharing your pictures all....love to live through others gardens. I have never tried Peonies but they are pretty.

I the only "new" thing I did this year was to try the "flower tower" that Home Depot was advertising.....so come on Petunias.....they need to fill in the towers now.
default_smile.png
I'd love to see a picture of your flower tower!!!

Thornbird.

Look at the beards coming out as well. next yr when its better astablished, it will look a lot better.

I wish I got pics of my dark grey iris. Its neat and not sure where it came from. I never saw it before and never bought it so I think it maybe a cross polenated one. Its dark and light grey with purple and yellowish tan on the inside. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!

I have all typs here, pixies, dwarfs, mediums, intermediants, german, tall, rebloomers, old fashions, spacages, ruffled, and Im sure new ones never seen before.

CHECK OUT www.bluejiris.com

thats where I buy from!

100_5397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOH< AAAAWWWW!

How do you all keep the black berry out? The birds keep dropping the berries and every year I seem to fight them, but can only seem to keep them under control by digging out all my bulbs every year and plucking out the black berry.

*sigh* Unbelievable Iris! OOOOOOHHHH! I am always astonished at the green, green fields you all have. Look in Google and you can see from the plains states west is very brown and beige lol.

After 18 years in AZ I was a maniac for planting just anything here. Then I realized how tough it is. My postage stamp front yard is my haven. My Iris were moved again last year so are just now blooming, and they are the low, small kind. I mailed so many types to my daughter during one of our moves, so I only have two varieties now. Bountiful Harvest and I forgot the name of the other.

I never grew Peonies before but they are so beautiful! That is if you can get them through the spring blizzard which comes after two weeks of 70 degree weather. Then another freeze and blizzard. Then just as they bloom weeks of windstorms and 90 degree heat. Same every year. But my favs are in full bloom right now and smell so good! My daylilies Prairie Blue Eyes are fantastic, and then I have half barrels of Oriental Lilies under the front porch overhang, I also have Asiatic Lilies and another Strawberry Candy daylily. A succession of blooms all summer, if you can fight off the deer and so-cute-their-rotten ground squirrels. I did discover Plantskydd, and it DOES work to repel all of your garden predators of the hooved and furry king.

Back