Who is planning foals for 2012?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I am very excited and anxious to see our 2011 foals - we are expecting some very nice crosses and all this waiting is killing me, hopefully by April all the waiting will be done and over with. . .

I know a majority of us don't even have our foals on the ground yet (including myself - I have three due Feb/March and one looks ready to go, my maiden is starting to bag and my other mare is starting to drop lower but no bag yet, they are driving me nuts) but I am sure there are several people, again including me, that are already looking into the future for 2012 foals!

I am planning on 4-6 foals with 6 being my maximum. I wish I had pics of my other stallion since he has filled out but I will have to wait to spring on that. . .anyways I am going to be expecting the following crosses:

Cremello 33.5" X Silver Bay 32.5"

Cremello 33.5" X Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 33"

Cremllo 33.5" X Sorrel Tobiano + Splash Overo + 1 Blue Eye 33.5" ((maiden mare - may or may not breed this year as she is my show mare))

Bay Tobiano 32.25" X Palomino Tobiano + Splash Overo + 1 Blue Eye 31.5" ((repeat 2010 & 2011 foal breeding))

Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 27.5" X Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 29.5" ((will be testing stallion for LWO before breeding as mare is Rowdy bred))

My husband said that this fall I could look into getting another mare to add to our herd so I am leaving the 6th spot open to go "shopping" and buy a bred mare for 2012 to add to our lineup.

With that being said, who is going to breed for 2012 and what color combinations are you expecting?

I am very excited and anxious to see our 2011 foals - we are expecting some very nice crosses and all this waiting is killing me, hopefully by April all the waiting will be done and over with. . .

I know a majority of us don't even have our foals on the ground yet (including myself - I have three due Feb/March and one looks ready to go, my maiden is starting to bag and my other mare is starting to drop lower but no bag yet, they are driving me nuts) but I am sure there are several people, again including me, that are already looking into the future for 2012 foals!

I am planning on 4-6 foals with 6 being my maximum. I wish I had pics of my other stallion since he has filled out but I will have to wait to spring on that. . .anyways I am going to be expecting the following crosses:

Cremello 33.5" X Silver Bay 32.5"

Cremello 33.5" X Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 33"

Cremllo 33.5" X Sorrel Tobiano + Splash Overo + 1 Blue Eye 33.5" ((maiden mare - may or may not breed this year as she is my show mare))

Bay Tobiano 32.25" X Palomino Tobiano + Splash Overo + 1 Blue Eye 31.5" ((repeat 2010 & 2011 foal breeding))

Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 27.5" X Black Tobiano + Splash Overo + Blue Eyes 29.5" ((will be testing stallion for LWO before breeding as mare is Rowdy bred))

My husband said that this fall I could look into getting another mare to add to our herd so I am leaving the 6th spot open to go "shopping" and buy a bred mare for 2012 to add to our lineup.

With that being said, who is going to breed for 2012 and what color combinations are you expecting?

I am doing the every other year (if that) thing. Lex's first foal was in '09. She's expecting her second this year; I'm planning on keeping him/her (gelding...most likely, if a colt). By the time 2012 rolls around I'll probably send both her and Willow (if I decide to breed her) to be bred at the same time. I just hate the thought of sending her and her foal out to be bred somewhere. It's for that reason and the fact that I don't breed on a large scale/for $ that I'll just wait. But I soooooo can't wait for this little one. May 20th is the 330 day mark
default_yes.gif

None.

And I am very happy about it too! More time for me to have fun with my herd and for my mare, Bow, to just be a horse and not a momma!

I'm bringing in a stallion with Boones Lil Buckaroo and L and D scout in his pedigree. He's a pinto and very nice looking. I will breed 5 of my mares to him, and hope to get at least one pinto foal to keep for my own.

This year I only have one due. It will be much more hectic next year at this time.

Well I can play we are expecting no foals for 2011

unless of course we buy a bred mare

but 2012 will be exciting for us

We will be breeding our 30.5" Palomino Buckeroo son to:

Spice - our 33" Perlino maiden

Pooh - our 33.5" chestnut pinto

Xena- our 37" palomno snowcap appaloosa

Bee- our 30" silver Bay (if she is still here)

and who knows what other mares will find their way here

I have my eyes on a couple but not ready just yet to buy

So we will be waiting alot longer than most on here but it will be worth the wait I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of right now I only have these two planned.

LBFS Dancing Legs, AMHA/AMHR black tobiano/splash/LWO neg. For a full sibling to the foal in the picture:

27949_394711439612_224524494612_4166362_6228821_n.jpg

Lil Butt Blazing Glory, AMHR chestnut pinto, a new addition to our broodmare band and oooh how I can't wait to see the result of this cross!!

163843_489973639612_224524494612_5997931_3772575_n.jpg

Both will be bred to my main herdsire Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome "Doc" (AMHA/AMHR black pinto)

76417_449446574612_224524494612_5387409_1656566_n.jpg

I haven't decided on this gal yet, but if I do she too will be crossed on Doc

47965_423644864612_224524494612_4900847_4003699_n.jpg

I plan to breed 11 mini mares and 2 arabian mares for 2012 foals.

I will breed to my bay arabian stallion, Abakus Jamaal KE:

SPH Phancyphire, bay mare

SPH Sameera Sunnphire, bay mare

I will breed to my 29.75" appaloosa stallion, CN Kiss This:

Sharptails Peanut Butter, 33.5", appaloosa

Risquefishers Winter Sky, 30.75", appaloosa

Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH, pinto

MSS Fantasy In Moonlite, not yet measured for permanent papers, silver dapple

Seabloom Moonstruck Angel, not yet measured for permanent papers, appaloosa

Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy, 36.5", black

I will breed to my 32" bay stallion, Oneka's Devil After Dark:

Lucky K Here For The Party, 35.5", black

Shadybrook Raven, 32.5", buckskin

Benviews Special Dawn, 34", silver bay

Tribella Tiz Me, not yet measured for permanent papers, silver dapple

Quarter Scales She Can Dance, 32", pinto

For 2011 I have 8 mini mares that should foal starting in March and 2 arabian mares that should foal as well.

Me....i've got them planned. I cannot wait to breed the mares this spring, will start breeding the girls first week in April.

Graham's The Gambler x Alpha Farms Magical Melody ~ ASPC & Futurity

Graham's The Gambler x Wauk A Way Kitty ~ ASPC / Foundation & Futurity

Graham's The Gambler x Single G's Cherokee Maiden ~ ASPC / Foundation & Futurity

Graham's The Gambler x Michigan's Brassy Lass ~ ASPC & Futurity

On The Rox EGF x Michigan's Ray Of Hope ~ ASPC & Futurity

Graham's The Gambler X Wa-Full Benita ~ AMHR/ASPC / Foundation & Futurity

All (expect for perhaps 1-2 mares) will be bred to Graham's The Gambler (AMHR/ASPC, he is out of Red Rock Bullseye Taffy, the dam of Graham's Little King Lee and Graham's Kings Fashion)...

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be awhile before I start breeding for 2012 foals, as it'll be mid to late-May before this year's foals arrive, but most will be bred to my new Buckeroo grandson, Little Kings Cat on Top (a Buckeroos Top Cat son). And, I hope to be able to buy one mare this year, but since I have my eye on two different fillies; I'm not sure if it'll be a mare or a filly that I bring home.

I only have one mare that I will be breeding here *maybe* and one mare that is still in OK. that I *may* re-breed after she foals...

My bay Rowdy bred mare possibly bred to my bay pinto Daring Difference grandson...We plan on gelding him in March/April, so we'll see if we get her bred by then...If not, it's OK.

My chestnut Golden Image daughter may be re-bred after she foals to a Palomino (pinto?) Rock E-bred stallion...we'll see.

My other breeding age mare Dream will be showing in 2011 and the other 2 mares are 2 yr olds, so will wait til 2012 to breed them.

I'm looking forward to my FIRST foal coming this year.
default_wub.png
No foals for next year, but I'm okay with that!
default_biggrin.png
I am so excited about the new kid and Dove that I'm going to enjoy my little (but growing) herd as it is.
default_yes.gif

Might send Joy out to get bred and retire her from the ring for a while next year, but not sure about that either. LOL

We have 0 for this year but next year we plan on breeding Royal Oaks Mandalay Bay to our stallion Royal Oaks Simply Awesome. That's a bay pinto with a silver dapple pinto (who seems to throw Appy). Should be interesting!

Nice crosses everyone! I so enjoy seeing all the foals each year here on the forum
default_wub.png

We have one foal due this year, as usual for us. However... I am eagerly planning and dreaming about our 2012 foals (and 2013 and 2014....) already. We are going all out and breeding THREE mares this year! I am SO incredibly excited about next year's foals, I can hardly stand the wait.

Our 2012 expected foals will be:

Sired by our 2 time Reserve National Champion Stallion (Open and Futurity Halter) Cross Country Ericas Hearts Afire
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Sparrow_ResNatlCH2010Lg.jpg

and out of:

Little Kings Bonniebelle Buckeroo ~ our red roan Buckeroo daughter. I'm hoping this pair will be our National contenders for Mare/Foal in 2012.

Belle_RSideA_2_22_10.jpg

BuckOns Bad Girl ~ our grulla BOB daughter. IF I can get this 13 year old mare into reasonable shape I'm hoping to maybe take these two to Nationals for Mare/Foal also.

BadGirlyoungpic.jpg

Erica's Big City Diamonte ~ our silver buckskin Little Kings Big City Bucks daughter

Sparkle_Regionals_crop_6_26_10.jpg

And a couple of outside mares. Hoping to get a good idea of how he produces with a small group of quality mares and thus an idea of where to go with him.

default_aktion033.gif
I'm just a little excited to see Sparrow's first foals next year. If he can produce even half as nicely as his father Little Kings BT Buck Bandito does, I will be thrilled
default_wub.png

If you look on my foal page, you'll see what we're expecting this year. I'm excited!!!
default_aktion033.gif

But I do have to admit, that while I'm going to be looking forward to Nort's and Topper's foals in 2012, I'll be most excitedly expecting MY first foals by my 29.75" son of Nort........The Pooka!
default_wub.png

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

website1002012.jpg

website1002010.jpg

I'm not expecting any for this year, but I have four mares I want to breed to our Lucky Four stallion that is on my avatar for next year. It will depend on health and if I can reduce my herd that I have now. Can only take care of so many.

I'm not even thinking about next year
default_biggrin.png

But we have a great line up coming this year, all bred to our AMHA World Grand Champion Sr Stallion ERL Zeus Lightning Bolt, known to his friends as THUMPER!!

I only have one due for this year, she is 305 days today. So I expect we will have that baby here in the next three weeks. This will be the first foal for both mare and stallion.

Next year I already have a mare sent out to breed. My Res World Champion, Villas Party Doll will be bred to Buckeye WCF Investment Plan, a 32.75" black pinto AMHA/AMHR/ASPC stallion. I can't wait for this baby because Party Doll has given me three very nice foals including her yearling that will be shown this year.

If Lovie and Mercury's foal is something we really like, I will repeat that breeding. Ravenwood Medalions Moments To Love, Res World Champion is the mare and RHA Mercury Rising, AMHA World Champion, AMHR National Champion. (Mercury is my avatar)

I do have at least 5 outside mares to breed for some special people this year so we should get a good idea of how Mercury will do as a sire.

Latest posts

Back