who has the oldest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
who has the oldest mini,,, and what is the oldest one youve heard off

Our mare Popular Lanes Julie Ann is 36 years old. But she still acts like a 5 year old.

This picture was taken last spring.

100_6480-1.jpg

The oldest we had was Adonis's grandmother and I had her put to sleep at 29. We enjoyed the last years we were able to give her and she deserved them.

Our oldest horses right now are a QH mare - Chanelle who is 19 and I have owned since she was a yearling and Painted Sue who is 20 yr old and a Mickey Mouse daughter.

LOTS of our mares are in their mid to later teens and I love them all dearly. Many I have owned most of their lives as I bought them as yearlings or young mares.

This is my oldest mare at 33 years old. Her name is Samples Tadita Blue Eyed Overo and she is the dam of LTDs Two Tone Trigger who would be about 22 now. She is a grand ole mare and a grulla medicine hat overo. I believe she is the last living daughter of Sample.

tadita32years1sm.jpg

TADITA27.jpg

triggerchampion.jpg

Desiree of Midnight Star Stables, Ontario, Canada has her daughter, LTD's Copycat, a beautiful black/white medicine hat frame overo who is now 15.

Here is a link to some wonderful photos Desiree has taken of Copycat
default_smile.png

LTDs Lil Copycat

Our oldest, Flying W Farms Donner, who was 31 according to his papers, passed away last month.

donnertrot.jpg

My oldest is my matriarch mare, Sooner States Melody, a daugher of Tattoo. She is heading for 28, is hale and hearty! Just a couple of days ago she was running, bucking, rolling back when I went in to turn her out! She has provided me with my two best horses, her sons by Landrys Cowboy Del!

Margo

PS--Kendra, was Donner one of your grandfather's multi(I can't remember how many, but MANY!!?)horse black hitch! His name looks familiar....

Margo

PS--Kendra, was Donner one of your grandfather's multi(I can't remember how many, but MANY!!?)horse black hitch! His name looks familiar....
Margo

Yeppers! Donner was the last of the original four black geldings he bought from FWF; Prancer, Vixen, Donner and Blitzen. Apparently they had all 8 reindeer, but the other four had sold already. Donner was a member of my Grandad's eight horse hitch for many, many years, he was 6 when we got him.

our eldest is a rescue mini shetland mare Yasmin

when we rescued here she had slipper toes on all 4 feet, had red raw sweet itch and her teeth were a mess.

had the equine dentist and she reckons she is some where between 30-35 years old and we have had her for about 3 yrs.
default_rolleyes.gif

My oldest horse that I ever had was not a mini. But a quarter horse mare named Blaze. She was 36 when she finally passed away. I learned to ride on her when I was around 5 years old. She would let us kids do anything with her. We even tied her to our little red wagon a couple times.

A close friend of ours here in the UK lost his miniature stallion two years ago. He was 42 , and had been in the same home from the day he was born to the day he died.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]My oldest is "NFC Rowdys Velvet Touch". She's 20 years old and a direct daughter of "Rowdy". She produced an exquisite "First Knights Dream Come True" filly for us in 2008. [/SIZE]

velvet.jpg

Our next oldest mare is "Lucky Four Apache Starlite". She's 19 years old and is a direct daughter of "Ricthers Apache". She's a champion producing mare and I've retained all (5) of her daughter's that we've bred for our program. She has arthritis now and can't get around like she did when I purchased her. But she's my absolute favorite mare.....

starlite.jpg

I know I do not have the oldest mini, but my oldest is a 1994 A/R silver dapple pinto mare, named Edgewood Skip To My Lou. I showed her in 2004, I think... she won several championships. She is dam of Skipper and Passion and a very good girl. Pictured below w/ no conditioning and after having a couple foals:

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED%20MARE%20PAGE.jpg

Wow shadelady that is wonderful! It is not often you hear of a horse living in "one" home it's entire life.

I fostered a mare a couple years ago named Diamond - she was 35 years old when she came to me and she is still living, which would make her about 37 now. I will try to find some photos that her adopted mommy has sent me and get them up here. Diamond is a VERY special horse with a heart of gold.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

1402263_43.jpg

Rabbit.

He was born here, thirty years ago on Sept 29th 2009, and he will die here.

Still active, still fertile, he expects a foal in 2010 ( I had thought to retire him but he had other ideas!) and has a tiny, tiny, yearling filly at the moment driving me NUTS because she just wriggles under all the fences.

I kid you not, this little hussy is now 18 months and stands 25" at the withers.

Anyone want to buy a filly?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's wonderful to hear of so many healthy aged minis!
default_wub.png
My oldest is "only" 25 and very healthy so this gives me hope that we may have her for as long as another decade or so!
default_smile.png

Picnik%20collage.jpg
Fiesta will be 20 yrs old in 2010 and is still giving us some nice foals. We expect three in 2010 from POPPY. He will stay here for the rest of his life (or mine) whichever comes first.

Back