Who has a "secret"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been Very Bad I have Several Secrets I am DYING to Reveal
default_laugh.png
I am Dying to know what Secret Jill is Hiding
default_wub.png

I have a secret too! It will be revealed at R Nationals. I might just get a speeding ticket with this secret
default_wink.png

Trust me, I cant wait to show you guys our new secret, it comes home on the 24th, were picking it up at the randolph show

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm..... brindle.... appy..... Jill... those are great ideas....
default_yes.gif

Wish I had a secret.

Kim

Congratulations to all those who have purchased new horses and especially to those sellers for making a sale in this economy.

I'm curious as to why it must be kept a secret?

Wouldn't the seller want the recognition for making a sale in this tough economy? It would bring more people to look at their site. Why would they ask you to keep it a secret?

Or ... maybe you're simply waiting for better photos? Maybe waiting until they remove the price from their website so nobody knows what you paid? Making payments and can't reveal until paid in full? I don't know why a deposit (usually non refundable) wouldn't be committment enough but that's just me. Maybe still in negotiations and haven't really locked in the deal yet - just hoping it happens?

Kudos to those that can keep a secret - personally I've never been able to do so and never been told by a seller or purchaser that there were restrictions on when I could make an announcement. I'm just curious why - maybe something I hadn't thought of before and should consider for my own program?

Looking forward to all the reveals and see what everyone is adding to their barns ... congratulations again
default_aktion033.gif

In my case, I have learned the hard way (with foals) not to count my chickens until they are hatched. So I plan to hold off my announcement until I actually see the mini in my yard! Due here August 9 or 10. I also plan to give the seller plenty of recognition at that time!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im another "dont count your chickens before they hatch" kind of person. I suppose I could post a baby picture with no info as a teaser? Its an adult now, so I dont think anyone would know who it is

I was just keeping a secret not wanting to spill it until Congress was over and people with wins get a chance to tell their good news. Although my news is really not shetland related, I just knew big things were going on for a lot of my small equine friends
default_yes.gif

This thread is so exciting!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I can't wait to see everyone's secrets!!

As for the "why" question on the secrets, I can only answer for myself. Getting my new stallion was a three month ordeal. I inquired about him less than an hour after he was listed for sale and was ready to pay in full, but his owner decided they weren't ready to sell him. A month later they contacted me again, and we had some pretty detailed negotiations. He had to finish his "work" there before shipping, but the farm he was at was hit by a tornado just a week before he was due to leave (thank God everyone was ok!). He had to travel through a lot of hard-hit areas to get here, but thankfully that journey at least was uncomplicated. It had been such a process that I didn't want to jinx myself by announcing him before I finally had him here. I don't know why the others are keeping secrets, but they sure are fun to think about!

I do, I do!
default_smile.png
Well, sorta a secret, those looking will know ;) I can't wait to get my "secret" here, not sure when yet... I hope soon!

My secret doesn't change hands until Nationals, so it would be premature for me to announce it. I prefer to wait until the horse is in my possession until breaking the news. I guess you could say that we are under contract, lol, but the closing hasn't happened yet.

On the other hand, I have a horse here that is 'under contract' as well, but I won't mark him sold until the deal is done. Weird things happen and I also don't like to count my chickens until they have hatched!

Many, many years ago my husband and I verbally agreed to purchase a warmblood. Two days later, my husband's pay was cut by 40% due to cutbacks. With the seller's permission, we backed out of the deal. It was embarrassing for us and the seller; the deal was known throughout the barn. So, now I wait until the ink has dried.

Oh boy, Jill spilled the beans. Wonder whos next.

Im having a hard time keeping my lips sealed, hopefully I can make it until sunday

I also dont want to officially announce anything until the horse is actually here. I agree about the "not counting your chickensuntil they are hatched."

I had hoped to add to this and say I have a suprise too. However life threw me a major curve ball and now my suprise is going to have to wait until who knows when. I was going to adopt my first mini and now I can not do it. It is something on my part and not with the adoption. I am really upset about this but that is life. Maybe in the future I will be adding a mini. Now going back to learning and lurkedom

Latest posts

Back