Who Do You Use For Blade Sharpening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
I started to get my blades ready to send out for sharpening and D & G 's website is not there anymore. Who do you use that has a really good record for sharpening blades?

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread. I used to use tony at procut to sharpen my blades and tune up my clippers, but someone had said hes been sick recently and was having slow turnaround time? I shouldnt have procrastinated so long with show season right around the corner

FORT WORTH SHAVER. They are dependable, fast, and nice. Phone # 1-800-816-2126. I have mailed blades to them and purchased from them at a local show. They advertise in Miniature Horse World magazine.

Hi...D & G Sharpening is no longer in business due to other obligations.

Thanks

Gina

I use Northern Tails Sharpening. northerntailssharpening.com They have a great website with tons of info. Their turn around is a week or less. All the info you need on how to keep your clippers and blades running good. Very reasonable prices also! Jeff is a Super nice guy to work with. I went ahead and sent him all my blades and clippers at once before clipping season.

I use Northern Tails Sharpening. northerntailssharpening.com They have a great website with tons of info. Their turn around is a week or less. All the info you need on how to keep your clippers and blades running good. Very reasonable prices also! Jeff is a Super nice guy to work with. I went ahead and sent him all my blades and clippers at once before clipping season.
I second Northern Tails, I am a professional dog groomer and send him all of my blades and scissors. He is fast with the turn around, reasonable on his prices and some how the blades he sharpens stay sharper longer than other blades sharpened by other people.

Wow, a lot of different responses!

My preference, based on great personal experiences and not hearing any negatives from others, is either Dixi at Knee Hi Acres (KHA is her name on this board) or Tony as mentioned above.

ETA: I actually use Tony more for repairs to clipper units, buying more supplies, etc. Dixi is better (less expensive, my blades always come back SUPER clean and ready to go!) for sharpening, reviving a dead blade.

Last edited:
I second Whitman - took all my blades to them at Congress - great job, plus bought a really nice caddy that keeps them submersed in red dip - can't believe how that helps my blade life!

Latest posts

Back