white out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
I thought white out on application paperwork was a big no, no?

I've got involved in a paperwork nightmare from one person(person A) forging my name and another person filling out a application for another person ( person B) with my mares info. So now AMHA has 2 applications in the office on a filly out of my mare. Person B, I never sold the filly to and don't know her. The person A, I traded the filly to for a gelding I use to own for my grandbaby. that was a year ago. I don't know if she lost the application I give her to start with or what but what was sent to me that was her's, was a copy signed by someone other then myself. I just don't sign my name that way and I never type in registration info and print it. I always hand write it in.

The application person B sent in was filled out by someone else with my mares info on it, right stud on it and the right date of birth on it. But AMHA whited out the area of the person that fillied out the sellers info, mailed it back to person B and told them I was the owner of the mare and they needed me to sign the transfer. I told AMHA that person A had the filly and I didn't know person B. Now why would they accept a application like that? wouldn't it be void if a person filled out papers for a horse they don't own and send in?

Now I call AMHA, this is the crazy part. I explain that the one lady I never met and she couldn't have the filly because the other lady I traded with had the filly. so I asked her if they could make both do DNA and find out which person had the right filly and give them the papers. She told me DNA wouldn't prove anything or fix anything because the pics that both people sent in are of the same horse.
default_new_shocked.gif

What in the world? Where do I begin to help fix or should I even help fix since it was a year ago? Is this crazy or what? I'm dizzy!

Are you saying AMHA actually either whited out something on the application and sent it back to whoever sent it in or accepted a registration application with white out on it???

OMG

Are you saying AMHA actually either whited out something on the application and sent it back to whoever sent it in or accepted a registration application with white out on it???OMG
They sure did. I called today trying to figure out what all this crap was and I complained about the white out and she told me she did it herself. And then told me her boss told her what to do and how.

Thats bad. I once bought a stallion at a sale and the person had reg papers and a transfer from the original owner but someone had bought the horse and never transferred him to them but had filled out the transfer but then whited it out and sold it assuming that someone could just write over it. I of course called the AMHA and they said they would take it that ways to I had to contact the original owner and have him sign a new transfer. It all worked out but after they would not except it that way but then did that.

Sounds to me like person A sold the filly to Person B. It may be that Person A is trying to get the papers to transfer to new buyer, and new buyer is trying to get the papers herself.

I have sent papers in with Whiteout and they've gone through OK. Probably not legally acceptable, but I have had it happen.

I would talk to the Buyer A and ask what's going on.

well you would think that is what happened and that has crossed my mind but person A claims to not even know person B. The other application that AMHA has sent with B's info is filled out by someone other then me and with the wrong seller too. Only thing that matchs is the names of the sire and dam, date of birth and pictures. The info of the person who sold a filly to B was whited out by AMHA.

I say the best way for these ladies to fix this is for AMHA to request DNA from both horses and have them checked to see who the filly is out of. Both sire and dam has DNA on file so it wouldn't cost much, they would have to do it any way in the future.

Person B mailed her papers in, in March so I don't understand why she has not tried to contact me for a transfer. AMHA has my current info and phone number. I'm sure if she asked they would give it to her. That is another strange thing. If I had a horse and needed help with a transfer I would call or mail out a letter or at least attempt to.

I would have to wonder if someone is trying to register a horse on another horses paper. I wouldn't get involved at all until someone contacted me and explained to my satisfaction, what is going on. As you said, your contact number is easy to get from AMHA.

I would have to wonder if someone is trying to register a horse on another horses paper. I wouldn't get involved at all until someone contacted me and explained to my satisfaction, what is going on. As you said, your contact number is easy to get from AMHA.
That is what I told AMHA that person B never bought a horse from me so she couldn't have the right horse and then I asked about making both do DNA and solve this. that is when I was told it wouldn't work because both people have the same horse. I asked what she was talking about, how could they have the same horse and she said the pictures are of the same horse that is why. So I asked how could 2 people have the same horse that live about 3 hours a part from one another.

Person A says she has had the filly every since she picked her up from my house. As far as I know she is telling the truth.
default_unsure.png

I think your right, I'm not getting involved until this other person contacts me for a transfer and then get her side of the story. maybe she is willing to work with AMHA and they both get this fixed. If this lady I traded with, person A would have registered sooner this wouldn't be going on, much less printing out another application and signing my name to it and changing transfer dates so she didn't have to pay late charges really has me ticked off. I still haven't got a reply about me asking her why that happened.

Only thing I hate is letting a little horse with a very nice pedigree not get her papers. I think it is so important for every baby that can have papers, have papers with the way our market is.

Only thing I hate is letting a little horse with a very nice pedigree not get her papers. I think it is so important for every baby that can have papers, have papers with the way our market is.
That's exactly the reason why every breeder should register their foals before selling.
default_smile.png

default_no.gif
I would not get involved but let them know that that is fraud as that is not YOUR sig? I have gone so far as to send in the transfer after measuring with the new owners on my horses now and paying the transfer fee. I take the pics and have the papers sent to the new owners that way I know it is done and I have piece of mind. I do this for new folks that are new to minis more as a courtesy. Also because they shouldn't have to pay the BIG fees AMHA wants to transfer one little mini. I really think AMHA should give a break to new folks just getting into minis but that is my personal opinion. I really think it would get more membership in the long run.
default_rolleyes.gif

Call AMHA and ask to speak to the boss of the lady you spoke to. If that doesn't work, go even higher. Maybe someone isn't telling the whole truth to cover up a clerical error on her part.

I think the whole mess is crazy and when you think you would get a level headed answer out of AMHA it gets worse.
default_wacko.png

I don't know where the orginal papers I sent with the filly ended up, but making up another set and changing transfer dates so she won't pay late fees, well to me she sure didn't help her cause in getting the papers on this filly.

I think I'm going to ask for higher up the next call I make to AMHA and try to explain everything in full and see what the next answer is going to be. I just hate the ideal that someone out there can get my mares info and register a foal out of her with out me knowing anything about it. Much less signing a dang transfer and changing dates.

Latest posts

Back